Lt. Commander
# 41
01-30-2010, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiandra
Most this should have been fixed already! That is the problem, servers were already stress tested. They have ONE server farm cluster that will not be enough for a worlds worth of trekkies. Of course its going to go BOOM Feb 2nd and alot of people will be going duh.

Maybe this game is enticing alot of ppl new to the mmo expereince, hopefully it will finally change the industry standard for mmo that sucking in quality is the norm.
I'd bet dollars to donuts we have more people playing right now than in OB. You CAN'T predict what will happen when you have more people putting more stress on the servers. This will likely get worse when the game launches on the 2nd. This is what happens, they got the thing as stable as they could, and now they have to scramble to further improve it. There is nothing unusual about the server stability at this point in the game's life. You simply don't get stability at the launch of an MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-30-2010, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdead44 View Post
Seriously can you name a product that DOESN'T have defects when it's first released? Car's, MP3 players, OS's, BD players, etc... If you're the first person buying ANYTHING you should expect defects. Sorry that's just the way the world works and it's been that way for prob 50+ years now. You pay a price for being the first person buying a new product.
and all those products would be 99% reliable when sold in retail and if somethign was wrong would be fixed promptly with a modicrum of customer service.

Not ignored when the bugs are reported at their request, and repeatedly taking the product to be serviced, returning it with not a word of if they did anything at all or what they did do.

Honestly if you expect that all you deserve is crappy service thats what you're going to get.
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-30-2010, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by someGit View Post
"Released"....

That's kinda the point....

Would you feel the same way about a pool table whose leg fell randomly off 48 hours after you bought it?

If so, your game room must suck....
You're comparing apples to oranges... This game is infinitely more complex that a fancy piece of furniture.
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-30-2010, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazmyth
Knowing how to launch a game, and getting all the new equipment and software to mix flawlessly at launch is a whole different matter. ALL MMO's go through this, new and old.
Exactly. I'm consistently surprised that my computer works pretty flawlessly... think of all the 1's and 0's that go into all this where a single mistake can cause it to all crash down. I think we all take technology for granted.
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-30-2010, 11:13 PM
All I have to say is if you don't want to wait for the crashes to stop or wait for the game to iron itself out then just leave. Theres noone stopping you. This is actually the best MMO launch ive seen to date. Even if I havent been involved in a certain games launch I know someone who has, So ive heard all the horror stories and this one is not that bad. So if you dont like it just leave now and come back in about 3 months or so and you can be happy panda bears kkthnx :p
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-30-2010, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiandra
and all those products would be 99% reliable when sold in retail and if somethign was wrong would be fixed promptly with a modicrum of customer service.

Not ignored when the bugs are reported at their request, and repeatedly taking the product to be serviced, returning it with not a word of if they did anything at all or what they did do.

Honestly if you expect that all you deserve is crappy service thats what you're going to get.
Sooo your assuming Cryptic is what? Taking a nap while the server is down? Get real dude trust me there are probably at least 10 people looking at this thing right now. Not to mention you haven't technically payed a dime yet because your pay date starts Feb 2. The head start is nothing more than the cheesy key chain you get for being the first 5000 to a sporting event...

I've played 3 MMO's at start and all three took about a week after launch for things to get stable you shouldn't expect this to be any different. All of those game also included betas.
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-30-2010, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarTrebek
All I have to say is if you don't want to wait for the crashes to stop or wait for the game to iron itself out then just leave. Theres noone stopping you. This is actually the best MMO launch ive seen to date. Even if I havent been involved in a certain games launch I know someone who has, So ive heard all the horror stories and this one is not that bad. So if you dont like it just leave now and come back in about 3 months or so and you can be happy panda bears kkthnx :p
nope, wont leave. if you dont like my demanding for quality then you leave. And if your firend made the previous launches of other games sound worse than this then he WAY exagerated.
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-30-2010, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdead44 View Post
Sooo your assuming Cryptic is what? Taking a nap while the server is down? Get real dude trust me there are probably at least 10 people looking at this thing right now. Not to mention you haven't technically payed a dime yet because your pay date starts Feb 2. The head start is nothing more than the cheesy key chain you get for being the first 5000 to a sporting event...

I've played 3 MMO's at start and all three took about a week after launch for things to get stable you shouldn't expect this to be any different. All of those game also included betas.
moneys has came out of my bank account. Ive paid. Check yours, if you got it at gamestop you may have paid already too.

So since Ive paid does that give me the right to complaign? Doesnt matter really, going to do it anyways.
Lt. Commander
# 49 here's an idea
01-30-2010, 11:24 PM
Maybe they should have more the one server and this might happen less. Everquest 2 and most other mmo's have more then one .Yes i know its happen to them as well but by have more then one they could divde the people who log in over these other and might relieve the load on it which is what i think is causing the crashes.
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-30-2010, 11:25 PM
I'm not surprised at the problems, they are to be expected. I'm surprised at the tight lipped silent treatment they are giving us. Waiting hours to tell us the servers are down and that they are fixing them? I mean, come on. That's Support 102, keep your customers informed.

The White House has a better track record of keeping the American populace informed then Cryptic.