Lt. Commander
First of all, I froze 5 times already had to reboot system and instead of playing I am writing this BECAUSE CRYPTIC's inability to fullfill a long Star Trek fan's dream of crating a stable yet fun game. I played thru the BETA so you could Iron out the many problems/bugs a mmo game would typically have but not having enough servers to test your own software after knowing exactly how many beta codes you actually distributed is unforgivable.
Second, when I join the lag is noticeable and trust me it is not my machine - (a Core2 Quad9650, two GeForceGTX 275 in SLI mode, 12 meg ram raptor series, a SSD hard drive and cable connection at 15mbps)
This game still is a work is progress. What is going to happen when more trekkies come on board on the 2nd
More excuses about how your company did not realize how popular this franchise is and that it is overwhelming and more servers are on the way? COME ON CRYPTIC!!! ST is if not the number one SCI FI franchise in the world and we deserve better. Believe me I would rather be playing right now that writing this but the fact remains that I am here because your game keeps freezing and or kicking me out (yes, I updated all the latest drivers) For better or worse I will give it another shot since for now your are the only game in town, please do better and support STO for years to come. Thanks,
FRUSTRATED TREKKIE.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 10:20 PM
I found when I ran SLI I was having the same problems. Game would freeze, I seamed to get booted way more so I dropped SLI and haven't had a single issue since then so I am not sure if it is actually the game or something with SLI.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 10:20 PM
other then lag, which cryptic has said they know of and are working on, I'm not getting any problems,
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 10:23 PM
You know, I don't even have half that machine and I have almost no problems. Maybe you should try not over compensating and get a stable machine instead of a chaotic super power. Big computer does not make your genitals grow.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielRea View Post
You know, I don't even have half that machine and I have almost no problems. Maybe you should try not over compensating and get a stable machine instead of a chaotic super power. Big computer does not make your genitals grow.
But you admit you have problems....and by the way I am a girl that can afford this type of machine and proud of it because I built it myself....get you psychoanalysis somewhere else.....
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhunter
I found when I ran SLI I was having the same problems. Game would freeze, I seamed to get booted way more so I dropped SLI and haven't had a single issue since then so I am not sure if it is actually the game or something with SLI.
Thanks Happy hunter I will disable SLI see what happens......
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceaugo View Post
Thanks Happy hunter I will disable SLI see what happens......
I've gotten a lot of lag and SERVER NOT RESPONDING type problems, but not any with SLI. The game has crashed maybe 3 times in 20 hours of playing. Dual GTX280s in SLI btw. Win7 64-bit.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielRea View Post
Well troll, if she hadn't said she had a nice computer, I'm sure you would have just responded with, "Get off yer 386 loser!" Typical loser fanboi troll. Ignore the real problem.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 10:39 PM
Geesh, someone's raggin' have a sense of humor would you. All i'm saying is I have played since closed beta and I've never had a problem with the game freezing or locking my machine. EVERYONE has had connection problems, hell we've overloaded their servers. This is a good thing. It means the game is really popular. Once the money starts rolling in they will be able to expand bandwidth and servers. Remember they are spending money before they even have it. Be patient I've done alot of beta testing and I assure you this one has been one of the smoothest. All the big games now, had way worse launches. MMO's are in constant development, and that's a fact. It will get better.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 10:40 PM
I am doing fine with SLI running XP SP2 on a quad core. Dual NVidia 9800GTs. With that said, even with that much horsepower I've had to dial down the graphics resolution a couple of ticks to get it to run smooth.

Crashes at this point for me are largely server-side (for instance now, which is why I'm on the Forums...).