Lt. Commander
# 41
01-31-2010, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assasinlord1st
Just wow at that youtube video.
- Heres what cryptic is probably doing during downtime or when something is wrong
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/2...sduringdoe.gif
link doesnt work

edit: ok does now
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-31-2010, 12:15 AM
i laugh so hard at that sulu picture :p
Lt. Commander
# 43
I was 4 groups of dead Klingon's away from becoming Lt. Commander. Go figure lol.
Lt. Commander
# 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnoobe
I bet frogger really used to **** you off didn't it. 20+ years even if that's true doesn't mean ****.. I'm sure your d&d didn't have log issues. Although I'm sure you threw a hissy fit if you found missing pieces.

Really guys suck it up. Even games like WOW had serious server issues when they got going. And took them over a month to get the **** straight. And they had plenty of money backing them.
If ive got my dates correct, the original Diablo by blizzard came out in 1990. so there young buck, 20 years ago wasnt that bad.
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-31-2010, 12:16 AM
Says undergoing maintained now btw
Lt. Commander
# 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunociva
If ive got my dates correct, the original Diablo by blizzard came out in 1990. so there young buck, 20 years ago wasnt that bad.
Ah what a great game that was!
Lt. Commander
# 47
I don't mind bugs in a game, some i can get around with but not allowing us to enjoy the PAID FOR ACCESS to the 'headstart my ding dong junk' is just pathetic. Ironically enough we won't even get noticed becuase we are the paying sheeps of a gaming world that has become so money blind that they truly forget who keeps the economy running in the first place. Cryptic better get their acts together becuase they are messing with people's money here. I paid for Beta and a head start and all i am getting is a INTERFACE START with a retrieving character message. FFsakes your turning into the South African government. It is strange how they can get the PAID section without bugs and even force you to take a life time access when they have a product that comes from a Duke Nukem promise convention. Please give us AT LEAST ACCESS to the game WE ALL %#@%%#%#^%@&^ paid for...
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-31-2010, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunociva
You're about 6 years off.
Lt. Commander
When running any server enviroment or in this case a gaming server enviroment REDUNDANCY is the name of the game. It is what keeps down tiem from happening. You have a back up server that gets automatically switched to when server A goes down, then a backup for the back up we will call server C, then a backup for the back up of the back up, which we will call server D. This repeats until you get a stable enough system to handle issues on its own. Which infact I see Cryptic working on but they are just not there yet. Research and implimentation of DoD standards for this game may be the way to go. In the armed forces you do not have nets go down because it costs lives. Even though this is not costing lives, the way they run stuff is the way all MMO should be ran. Always have a backup, multiple backups......saves alot of complaining and of course down time.
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-31-2010, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoEchoNovember
When running any server enviroment or in this case a gaming server enviroment REDUNDANCY is the name of the game. It is what keeps down tiem from happening. You have a back up server that gets automatically switched to when server A goes down, then a backup for the back up we will call server C, then a backup for the back up of the back up, which we will call server D. This repeats until you get a stable enough system to handle issues on its own. Which infact I see Cryptic working on but they are just not there yet. Research and implimentation of DoD standards for this game may be the way to go. In the armed forces you do not have nets go down because it costs lives. Even though this is not costing lives, the way they run stuff is the way all MMO should be ran. Always have a backup, multiple backups......saves alot of complaining and of course down time.
Why would Cryptic run their servers like mission critical business servers?
We aren't playing games on the same servers that track the money.