Lt. Commander
Quit flaming the devs. Sure, make a thread or two telling them about it... but if you have ever played a Beta and/or even a new game there are inevitable outages as the bugs are worked out.

Sure, I'll grant you they should have prepared for high volume, but then again how much have we, the players, invested in their product? Very little. It takes a corporation MONTHS to make substantial investments into ANY new project. For most suits it's a matter of the bottom line. If a project does not reach a certain level, say (arbitrarily) within 50% of production cost during Beta, they may not continue it. Thus, our participation has probably done more than just help them work out bugs... it has kept the project alive.

I still recall with glee the flames gamers posted on the UO, EQ, and WoW forums during the first few weeks of their respective launches.

Be patient... you'll live longer

...and probably prosper as a result.

(Pun ENTIRELY intended)
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 11:25 PM
With all the talk of Doomsday on the 2nd, I felt I needed to bump this.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 11:50 PM
Really?

I am sorry guys, but you will still say that we need to have patience after another year. There will be arguments like "an MMO is never finished" and so on.

Yes, it is true in some kind of way. But not like the way it looks at the moment.

There are a lot of things in this game which should have been addressed BEFORE release - not some time after it. I am not talking about minor bugs or stuff like that. I am not even talking about Cryptics behavior to cancel a lot of features they announced before and which they used very often for PR without any real explanation just to implement them after Release to sell them as new features.

I am talking about a lot of things which are self-evident. What would you say if the american version of STO would be partly in another language and you canīt even read the skills? If you are selling a version related to a specia language it should be fully implemented and not some kind of word mix. Or just stay with the downtimes of the server. Cryptic themself told the community that there is nothing to worry about. That they have released other MMOs, partly even with the same engine and that they know their job.

We are not in Beta anymore and we are paying for the game. No doubt that there will always be problems. But it should be not this kind of problems. Sorry, but this is not ok.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthepatriot View Post
Quit flaming the devs. Sure, make a thread or two telling them about it... but if you have ever played a Beta and/or even a new game there are inevitable outages as the bugs are worked out.

Sure, I'll grant you they should have prepared for high volume, but then again how much have we, the players, invested in their product? Very little. It takes a corporation MONTHS to make substantial investments into ANY new project. For most suits it's a matter of the bottom line. If a project does not reach a certain level, say (arbitrarily) within 50% of production cost during Beta, they may not continue it. Thus, our participation has probably done more than just help them work out bugs... it has kept the project alive.

I still recall with glee the flames gamers posted on the UO, EQ, and WoW forums during the first few weeks of their respective launches.

Be patient... you'll live longer

...and probably prosper as a result.

(Pun ENTIRELY intended)
read my post here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=92385

and if I am still wrong then you can still suck it easy!