Lt. Commander
# 1 Nonsense BoFF Pricing?
01-30-2010, 10:57 PM
So I saw this in OB but for some reason it didn't click then:

Buying a NEW Bridge officer with Rank 1 2 3 and 4 Powers = 100 Merits
Buying JUST the power above Rank 2 = 150+ Merits..

So someone explain WHY I wouldn't just buy a new Bridge officer and use him to "train" the ones I already have in the powers I want? EVERY power that can be purchased is available on a BoFF... so.. explain this pricing to me?

Perhaps reducing the merits prices down to make some ****ing sense?

Rank 1 = 25 Merits
Rank 2 = 50 Merits
Rank 3 = 75 Mertis
Rank 4 = 100 Merits

Its not rocket science.. otherwise I'll just continue to buy new officers just to train my peeple and not bother with the skill trainer at all.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 11:25 PM
because when you buy an officer the skills it gets are random... when buying a skill you get to pick specifically which one you want.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsgrace View Post
because when you buy an officer the skills it gets are random... when buying a skill you get to pick specifically which one you want.
Uhh.. its not random when you can pick the officer you want from the vendor.. just pick an officer with the power(s) you want to train onto your new officer. Maybe you misinterpreted what I meant.

Your not buying the officer FOR the officer, your buying him to TRAIN your "real" officers.. just go through the officer list to see what powers they have and find one with the power you want to add to your officers.
Note that this is only cost effective for Rank 2+ powers, as its still cheaper to buy rank 1 powers from the power vendor.

Now if the game DID randomize BoFF skills when you purchased them, then I could see the pricing structure for the Skill trainer.. but it doesn't