Lt. Commander
# 101
02-03-2010, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudnerd View Post
I was semi famous on the internet for a while. Got over 250k views on a Youtube video that wound up on Perez Hilton's site and eBaums. Unfortunately, alot of the people who commented on it were major *******s... but at least I got some laughs!
"Leave Britney Spears alone!!!!"

amirite?
Lt. Commander
# 102
02-03-2010, 06:19 AM
I bet shatner traded in his troll shaman to play the game....
then went into nerd rage when he learned nimoy got a part in this too....
Lt. Commander
# 103
02-03-2010, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilag
LOL, is this actually a dig at Wil Wheaton calling him washed up? Learn to read:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000696/

He's actually a very successful working actor now. Compared to most people, he's acting nonstop (especially voice acting), plus he's putting out one well selling book each year.

If that's washed up, I'm sure 99% of Los Angeles wishes they were doing as crappy.
People just don't get it do they? They think that if you're an actor and you're not at Brad Pitt's level, you're a complete failure. Dude, if you're making just a living in that field you're doing better than 99.999999999% of all the wannabe actors out there.

Anyway, it wouldn't surprise me at all if there were famous people playing this game. There's a lot of famous people that are Trekkies. Celebrities used to call Gene Roddenberry and beg him for a guest spot on an episode or for a bit part here or there (like Christian Slater's bit part in ST6) And there's plenty of famous people into gaming too. Believe it or not, they're not always going to parties and taking part in depraved acts of hedonism (the depraved acts of hedonism generally only take up like 15 or 20 minutes of the day anway)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar_Corvus
I bet shatner traded in his troll shaman to play the game....
then went into nerd rage when he learned nimoy got a part in this too....
He's probably went ape$hit when he found out that he had to preorder to get the TOS uniform...
Lt. Commander
# 104
02-03-2010, 07:28 AM
Mr. Wheaton still posts his blog (a lot more recently than 8 years ago) at http://wilwheaton.typepad.com/
He's repeatedly said he isn't into MMOs, though.
Lt. Commander
# 105
02-03-2010, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetCaptainGarth View Post
He's probably went ape$hit when he found out that he had to preorder to get the TOS uniform...
Oh, I'm sure if William Shattner, Wil Wheaton, or ANY actor/ess with any connection to the Trek Franchise wanted to get some speciific in-game item that they missed on Pre-order, they'd just call up Cryptic and say "Hey, I'll do a commercial for you, I'll even waive most of my fee, but I want a lifetime subscription with ALL the pre-order goodies."

You'll be able to tell Shattner though, if he ever did the commercial you'd end up seeing him cruising around in the ToS Connie at T5 (upgraded to be competitive @ T5) with custom Kirk hair and ToS uniforms and phasers.
Lt. Commander
# 106
02-03-2010, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UHSpartan View Post
The title asks it all. Although, out of fear of being hoarded by fans, any famous people that do play will probably want to remain low and unnoticed. For those that aren't scared please post.
Get STO dog, you can be anyone you wanna be!
Lt. Commander
# 107
02-03-2010, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacerd View Post
I might be famous
Everyone I know says they know me.
you too!?!?!?!?!?