Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
Hi, I am currently experimenting with this build using the new TB officer (Graga Mal).
Graga Mal allows you to transform your Tractor Beam Repulsors to attract enemies with 50% efficiency. Using Vesta, a ship with maneuverability and the ability to equip TBR3, I came up with this build.

Multi-mission Reconnaissance Explorer

TT1, APB1
BFAW1
ET1, A2B1, EPtS3
EPtE1, A2B1
PH1, HE2, TSS3, TBR3

Doff: 3 x VR Technicians, 1 x TB officer(Graga Mal), 1 x Doff of Choice.
Weapons of Choice: 4 x Romulan Plasma Beam Array, 1 x Experimental Romulan Plasma Beam Array, 1 x Nukara Web Mine Launcher
Hangar Pet: Yellowstone Runabouts
Sci Consoles: 4 x Embassy Particle Generators (+Pla) OR Graviton Generators

The idea is to turn the ship into a mobile Gravity Well, first debuff all targets with Attack Pattern Beta, then activate Tractor Beam Repulsors 3 to draw all ships into the middle. Release the Web Mines and the hangar pets. Now the Yellowstones will start venting their tetryon warp plasma, and in the chaos the 4 other teammates will fire from range using scatter volley with more effect. The web mines will help shut down some unfortunate enemies and keep them out of the game for a few seconds. Using emergency power to engines, you can catch up with fleeing enemies and draw them into yourself.

With 130 powers to Aux, the amount of pull can be determined whether you click A2B before activating TBR3. I've tested this in a few pug runs and with enough spec into Graviton Generators the pull is pretty solid.

This is the first time I've came up with a build myself, it's very unpolished, and I may have missed certain game mechanics here or there... so please provide feedback for me to learn

Thank you
Mittens
Captain
# 2
11-17-2013, 09:25 AM
Ah yes. Builds like these were being made for a good handful of days now. Good of you to catch this too as it is quite interesting. We're even mixing tykens into the mix here by having another team member fire off a tykens once a ship reaches the center.
May good management be with you.
Captain
# 3
11-17-2013, 09:39 AM
Gravity well/subspace integration circuit spam has been a mainstay of PvP for the last month or so.

Its a new concept, but it is very very lethal vs people that do not have counters equipped for it.

Even if they do have the counters, a well timed subnuke ends that trip real quick.

You actually have to spec specifically to get out of it easily, and its a pain to do.

But those that can get out of it, are also the best counters for it.

So its its own little meta now.

My KDF Science toon runs a transphasic torp boat Brel with nukara mines, gravity well, and tractor beam. if i get this doff ill switch it to TBR.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-17-2013, 09:57 AM
I would also use the gravity pulse generator !!
Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...&postcount=463
Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Captain
# 5
11-17-2013, 10:07 AM
Goofing around with a fleetie today, he was trying to use it in conjunction with gravwell, and his reverse-TBR would just keep pulling me out of the GW. Then I hit regular TBR and pushed him +6k.

Yet to figure out a repeatable use for this thing
Captain
# 6
11-17-2013, 10:16 AM
At least in my fleet we didn't see an application for it other than hitting grav well, flying close to grav well, staying there and then using it if we notice the target player getting away. We were more so applying it as an anti emergency to engines/evasive measure. That's why the tyken's works well. Helps keep that ship slow and stuck.
May good management be with you.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-17-2013, 10:55 AM
I think it suits mine layer builds more, and my TBR damage through shields (specced in particle gen and consoles) can deal about 2300 damage per pulse (unbuffed).

I caught a few players with the Nukara Web Mines and with the TBR, we stole the kill with the enemy's shields fully intact.
Empire Veteran
# 8
11-18-2013, 02:10 PM
I like what the OP is trying to do with this.

I've been working the new Tractor beam doff into my new Voth Science ship build that runs Drain.

If not for anything else the pulling Tractor Beam is a very fun toy to use in PVE where I was able with my T4 BOP use TBR1 and drag 3 Borg Spheres around with me.

If you want to really LOL, get into a pack of targets use the pulling Tractor Beam and then hit Evasive heading in the opposite direction and watch whatever you caught sling shot around you

The pulling tractor beam can be quite useful in PVE but will need a lot more testing to see what it can do in PVP.

So far I have been trying to use the beam like an anchor to keep targets in range of my draining skills or to pull targets back into my drains range.

TR3 + ES1 + Aceton Assimilator +TRB1 + Voth Aceton Console + Leech + Subspace Console = 0 when the target has APO
Career Officer
# 9
11-18-2013, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsword1989 View Post
Hi, I am currently experimenting with this build using the new TB officer (Graga Mal).
Graga Mal allows you to transform your Tractor Beam Repulsors to attract enemies with 50% efficiency. Using Vesta, a ship with maneuverability and the ability to equip TBR3, I came up with this build.

Multi-mission Reconnaissance Explorer

TT1, APB1
BFAW1
ET1, A2B1, EPtS3
EPtE1, A2B1
PH1, HE2, TSS3, TBR3

Doff: 3 x VR Technicians, 1 x TB officer(Graga Mal), 1 x Doff of Choice.
Weapons of Choice: 4 x Romulan Plasma Beam Array, 1 x Experimental Romulan Plasma Beam Array, 1 x Nukara Web Mine Launcher
Hangar Pet: Yellowstone Runabouts
Sci Consoles: 4 x Embassy Particle Generators (+Pla) OR Graviton Generators

The idea is to turn the ship into a mobile Gravity Well, first debuff all targets with Attack Pattern Beta, then activate Tractor Beam Repulsors 3 to draw all ships into the middle. Release the Web Mines and the hangar pets. Now the Yellowstones will start venting their tetryon warp plasma, and in the chaos the 4 other teammates will fire from range using scatter volley with more effect. The web mines will help shut down some unfortunate enemies and keep them out of the game for a few seconds. Using emergency power to engines, you can catch up with fleeing enemies and draw them into yourself.

With 130 powers to Aux, the amount of pull can be determined whether you click A2B before activating TBR3. I've tested this in a few pug runs and with enough spec into Graviton Generators the pull is pretty solid.

This is the first time I've came up with a build myself, it's very unpolished, and I may have missed certain game mechanics here or there... so please provide feedback for me to learn

Thank you
Mittens

Interesting new doff. One question, though: isn't A2B gonna kill your TBR3? I've heard of ppl using TBR with A2B anyway (so so to essentially forget about the repulsor part, and concentrate on the dmg mainly); but if you're gonna use TBR for the 'draw', doesn't your A2B undermine the effect then?
Career Officer
# 10
11-18-2013, 07:32 PM
Definitely best for the Mine Boats from my testing...

It's too bad they didn't make the Doff work with either Tractor or Repulsor, than one could use it in conjunction with Tractor Mines and Gravity Wells. Making it the ultimate crowd control..

You know this game has jumped the shark when they decided to introduce Tractor Pulling!