Lt. Commander
Currently users are unable to log in and are experiencing excessive delays when the "Retrieving List of Characters" dialog is displayed.

Our crack team of rodents is currently troubleshooting the issue. Will post back with more information when it becomes available.

------

Apparently something like the above is much too hard for Crypic to do on a regular basis. 'eh.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 11:32 PM
At least thanks for advertising with GMT time zone
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 11:33 PM
put it on twitter with #stobugs
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 11:50 PM
Seriously? I'm at work so I can't verify if his is right but seriously how much of this supposed headstart do they plan on offering?
Protip: Don't bother preordering Cryptic games in the future. Add them to the list right under Funcom.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackbheep View Post
Seriously? I'm at work so I can't verify if his is right but seriously how much of this supposed headstart do they plan on offering?
Protip: Don't bother preordering Cryptic games in the future. Add them to the list right under Funcom.
I'm getting tired of repeatedly explaining how MMO launches work, so I'll just say "keep whining n00b".
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus_Hansen
Currently users are unable to log in and are experiencing excessive delays when the "Retrieving List of Characters" dialog is displayed.

Our crack team of Tribbles is currently troubleshooting the issue. Will post back with more information when it becomes available.

------

Apparently something like the above is much too hard for Crypic to do on a regular basis. 'eh.
/fixed
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackbheep View Post
Was Age of Conan this bad? I remember it had problems, but it seemed like I was still able to make decent progress...of course my measure of bad releases stems from Vanguard, but luckily Sigil fired everybody the day after the game launched so we don't have to worry about them anymore. :p
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echostatic View Post
I'm getting tired of repeatedly explaining how MMO launches work, so I'll just say "keep whining n00b".
Please, explain to us all again. We await your wisdom. How do these darn MMO launches work anyway? It is so very confusing. Have your lectures been published? Are they available on DVD's or do we have to buy the three volume set? I really need to know what the difference is between open beta, head start and the six months of a poorly planned MMO launch? Do tell? I know one difference will be who is paying for the player time.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 12:04 AM
in germany with GMT +1 its currently 31.01.2010 9:03 (9 am)
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echostatic View Post
And I'm getting tired of pointing out that it's generally poor preparation or being rushed that cause these problems, and that many mmos such as **** or LoTRO launch in more or less working order. So stfu, n00b.