Lt. Commander
Note: This is what I've experienced.

Seriously, I thought I was content with loging off on the bridge then choosing my instance when I zone into space. Yea, fat chance. Then not only does the checkbox get removed, but the game STILL sends people to an almost full instance on zoning into space.

I wouldn't mind it so much if we got to choose which one we zone into, but come on this is ridiculous. I just spent 20 minutes after the tutorial trying to get into Earth Spacedock.

There's a reason I log off in the Powerhouse in CO. Both games suffer from putting you into the most crowded instance when you log on, and now STO adds insult to injury that you don't get to choose instance when changing areas too? At least fix it so we don't get dumped into a close to full instance before you do this, please.

Come on Devs, please, either make sure we get sent to the least populated instance when zoning in, or bring back that checkbox. Or a third option: Increase capacity to 100 players per instance like CO so every instance doesn't end up almost full, in addition to the above.

Please?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 06:12 AM
Bump because it got lost in all the server down threads.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 06:25 AM
Um, wouldn't increasing the instance cap to 100 make it run even worse than being put into one with a cap of 50?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 08:22 AM
Sure, right now. But if they also make sure they don't log you on into the most full instance then it would be good to increase the instance player cap.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 10:25 AM
Can I get a dev reply please?

Space. Lags. Horribly.

I just spent 2 hours trying to enter Sector Space and clicks were doing zilch.