Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmd_Hue
to make it worse its actually easy to automate just have a script that pings the server... if it gets no response... server is down!
where do you get the address to ping the game server?
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 12:37 AM
Ask Cryptic?

Really you would just need the IP of the server and then goto control panel and ping it... or use a web program. Getting the IP addy might be hard
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 12:45 AM
for me it is often stuck in login and server show online.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 12:51 AM
Server is down atm... a friend of mine that played in beta said when its down, its down for an hour or more? But not sure as I never played beta

Regardless... I would rather them keep the server down, fix the problem and bring it back up and not just put a band-aid on it
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 12:52 AM
what is the point of a headstart if you don't actually get to play? I'm also stuck at "connecting to the login server". I haven't gotten to play since the headstart started until now and I can't even create a character.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 12:53 AM
same... I am at Lt Rank 7.... soooo close to the next ship....
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTDen View Post
what is the point of a headstart if you don't actually get to play? I'm also stuck at "connecting to the login server". I haven't gotten to play since the headstart started until now and I can't even create a character.
I got to play.... I gained several lvls....
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTDen View Post
I was able to log in once and played threw the tutorial but made the mistake it seems of logging out and now for last 35+ hours now i havent been able to log in.I read on another forum that its all based on the fact that the server cant handle the ammount of people. From what ive read here theres only one server that they are useing.....Ive never heard of any MMO ever launching with only one server for all its players. Even the ****** ones that floped after a few months all had plenty to start with. Youd think that with Star Trek haveing such a huge fan base and its something new besides WOW that theyd know alot of people would jump on the game from the start...then leave if it sucks.
Either way im just annoyed cause I bought the game way ahead of time, when steam first offered it, for the headstart option, but i cant use it....lame!
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 01:01 AM
its not really one server... its one game world. That one game world is made up of say 5 or 6 mega servers.... each mega servers runs 10 or so virtual servers that then in turn run 5 or 6 zones / instances... then you have the login servers, and usually a world server or two to direct traffic

The concept is great, one game world.... they just need to create more virtual servers or add one more mega rack mount and set up some more virtual servers to take the load off the ones they have.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luqid View Post
where do you get the address to ping the game server?
Hint: Netstat

Hint #2: Ethereal