Lt. Commander
# 1 Us, in one year...
01-30-2010, 11:15 PM
I look at the folks on these forums now, and I think about how we'll develop a sort of kinship. I also chuckle when I think of the things we'll be saying on the forums (those of us that are still here) this time next year. Before anyone gets all agitated, this post is light-hearted.

Some of us will be griping about the noobs and how they have it so easy after that latest patch. Then we'll go on about how tough we had it. We'll gripe that the new patch has made the game way too easy.

Some of us will also talk about how the community was so much better back at launch. We'll talk about how--when this game started--we were all Star Trek fans. We'll talk about how community MEANT something back then, and how these new players just complain about everything.

Others will quickly remind us that there was plenty of bickering and griping in the early days. Someone will say, "If you don't remember the complaining about the crashing on the first day of head start, something's wrong." Of course, we'll ignore that person.

Many of us Vets will be called elitist by the new players. We'll argue we're very helpful in-game and they're mistaking the forums for the game community.

So, if you're still playing a year from now, what is your prediciton for a post you'll be making on Feb 2, 2011?

My prediction is that I'll make a post referencing this post in some "I told ya so" elitist way.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 11:19 PM
my post from 1 year from now........

/kill for having this thread in one incarnation or another for a year and a half....

EDIT: also cheers to thoes of us that will make it!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 11:31 PM
I'll probably still be making pointless posts, most likely reviving the 'Last Post Wins!' thread for the 35th time. Either that or I'll be in my brand new science ship, trying to help out the newbies and/or ramming my ship into North America just for the sheer lulz.

Either way, I'm sticking around. Love this community! It'll be an interesting year, and I, for one, am hoping for many more.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 11:45 PM
I'll still see posts by someone who complains over and over and over again -- wondering why the Devs allow them to continue grief us day after day. Then I'll log back into the game and get back to doing something fun.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 11:54 PM
I am sure there will an thread about how much better SWOR is or vice versa

In reality there will be no change... People will still be trolling and flaming. They will say something like epic fail and about the apocalypse is comming because of cryptic and so on...

Why? Because there are always people which need attention

I am a very optimistic person what do you think?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 11:54 PM
The only reason I'm ever in the forums is because the server is down.
I'd go to sleep, but I'm hoping the server comes back up so I can reach Lt. Commander.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 11:56 PM
You will all be posting from a mental institution from reading Chat's posts for an entire year.
Nice padded room.

Nah... Chat does have her moments and can come with great insights.
They are just very rare and usually about a sandwich called Bob.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 11:58 PM
I honestly say minus a few people thus far but overall i love this community. To look now and see what has gone on and then to look back at this post will bring memories back. Seeing all the noobs later asking all the questions while the vets "us" try to explain things so precise. But i see only good things for this game and cant wait to look back next year and see allthe changes...JUST DONT DO WHAT SOE DID TO SWG dear lord nooo......
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 11:58 PM
Most likely we will post "wtf the server is down again and no post about expected downtime??"
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 12:06 AM
On Feb, 2 2011 I will post "It's my birthday in eight days, all hail me!!!".

That reminds me. It is my birthday in 11 days, all bow down before me!!!!!