Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
...you're going out the airlock.

The biggest problem with this game isn't the server problems or the lack of polish here and there.

IT'S THE POP UPS

Cryptic... i know you're busy but add this to the list. Fix pop up windows. There are so many problems with them, like that they occur during combat or that if you're in a team they can get out of sync and confusing or be totally unneeded (like when a team mate talks to a merchant ship).

Who's with me? Lets complain about something constructive for once.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4el
...you're going out the airlock.

The biggest problem with this game isn't the server problems or the lack of polish here and there.

IT'S THE POP UPS

Cryptic... i know you're busy but add this to the list. Fix pop up windows. There are so many problems with them, like that they occur during combat or that if you're in a team they can get out of sync and confusing or be totally unneeded (like when a team mate talks to a merchant ship).

Who's with me? Lets complain about something constructive for once.
OMG I concur! I wish they made a spot for them in the UI... Like a fixed spot up to the left or something out of the damn way.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 12:28 AM
As a added bonus to that, they should also make it so that your ship doesn't just shutdown. THAT's the bit that really annoys me, especially when you are point blank to the explosion, or a Battle cruiser wants to pump your hull full of proton torpedoes...
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by War1910 View Post
As a added bonus to that, they should also make it so that your ship doesn't just shutdown. THAT's the bit that really annoys me, especially when you are point blank to the explosion, or a Battle cruiser wants to pump your hull full of proton torpedoes...
You can turn that of in the option und space control.

Don't know what the option is called exactly at the moment but i am sure you'll find it
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by War1910 View Post
I believe theres an option that keeps the ship moving somewhere, I definitely remember seeing it though.

...and once again I'm too slow...
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 12:35 AM
You pretty much summed up why I turn off auto-teams for now. Damn windows that pop up when any team member talks to an npc. Long live the /lfg command.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 12:36 AM
It makes me feel like I'm flying a clunker. Every time the communications array is activated, the engines cut out
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 12:36 AM
Yeah our entire fleet has been saying this very thing for quite some time. The pop-ups in battle and every 5 seconds when a group member does something is ridiculous. I can see a lot of people dying to this poor programming when a quick alert message would have sufficed.

A couple of the missions have a series of pop-up boxes to wade through while you get pounded by ambushing klingons. Dude I can't say enough about how dumb this is and zinc justified this in a post like it was a feature.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 12:42 AM
I very much enjoy the transmissions from the crew members and the fleets. It's part of STAR TREK since it began and must stay as it is. I don't see problems with the story driven tools and features in the game. They work flawlessly as far as I'm concerned. Taking that out and the game will lose what should even be even more present and voiced over.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatsukoi View Post
I very much enjoy the transmissions from the crew members and the fleets. It's part of STAR TREK since it began and must stay as it is. I don't see problems with the story driven tools and features in the game. They work flawlessly as far as I'm concerned. Taking that out and the game will lose what should even be even more present and voiced over.
The problem is that they are too intrusive. They're right in the way and stop you dead in the water.