Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4el
...you're going out the airlock.

The biggest problem with this game isn't the server problems or the lack of polish here and there.

IT'S THE POP UPS

Cryptic... i know you're busy but add this to the list. Fix pop up windows. There are so many problems with them, like that they occur during combat or that if you're in a team they can get out of sync and confusing or be totally unneeded (like when a team mate talks to a merchant ship).

Who's with me? Lets complain about something constructive for once.

What he said, very frustrating.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatsukoi View Post
I very much enjoy the transmissions from the crew members and the fleets. It's part of STAR TREK since it began and must stay as it is. I don't see problems with the story driven tools and features in the game. They work flawlessly as far as I'm concerned. Taking that out and the game will lose what should even be even more present and voiced over.
I like them too... not so much when me and my mates go boom because of them though. They just need to be less intrusive.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 11:54 PM
take them all away.... the docking pop-ups... the beaming up beaming down....

I know my mission is over. I know I need to beam down to the planet. I am the captain i will tell the crew when I want to beam up or when I want to go to sector space.

And when you give me a pop up dont make me confirm it.

Dont make me have to go thru 2 screens of useless text just to see what a vendor is selling.

The loading screens are barely tolerable. and combined with the pop ups make me question how long many people will actally tolerate this. its obvious that the popups drive people nuts with in hours of gameplay

Just let us turn them off.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 11:57 PM
I do agree with this in a way. Nothing like getting a pop up after defeating a large vessel that shuts your engines down just as it goes boom.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 12:01 AM
I feel the same way.. and was thinking about this too..

They always pop up when you got something else going on like combat and it is very distracting.

However, ohh no.. you might .. Gasp.. DIE!!!

and .. have to respawn with NO penalty...

I was starting to get miffed about the popups until I remember playing Nintendo games that were more punishing on your death.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerphate View Post
I feel the same way.. and was thinking about this too..

They always pop up when you got something else going on like combat and it is very distracting.

However, ohh no.. you might .. Gasp.. DIE!!!

and .. have to respawn with NO penalty...

I was starting to get miffed about the popups until I remember playing Nintendo games that were more punishing on your death.
well... I find the death penalty is often having to respawn at the very end of the mission due to a pop-up only to fly a few minutes to pick up that last loot item. "bangs head on keyboard" :p
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 12:11 AM
The thing that really annoys me personally is the spam pop ups in a team, if I am helping a few of my friends in a quest and even if I did that quest before I get spammed with NPC dialogs repeatedly for every member of the team, lets say there's 5 of us then I'll see the dialog 5 once when it pops up for me and 4 times for the rest of the team, why the hell should I view the NPC dialog between an NPC and another player?!
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4el
...you're going out the airlock.

The biggest problem with this game isn't the server problems or the lack of polish here and there.

IT'S THE POP UPS

Cryptic... i know you're busy but add this to the list. Fix pop up windows. There are so many problems with them, like that they occur during combat or that if you're in a team they can get out of sync and confusing or be totally unneeded (like when a team mate talks to a merchant ship).

Who's with me? Lets complain about something constructive for once.
I agree lets blow them all out the airlock because sometimes those pop ups are very annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhunter
I agree lets blow them all out the airlock because sometimes those pop ups are very annoying.
Ok a comprimise guy's... allow players to decide to turn them on/off.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 12:20 AM
Oooooorr....... Make the message pop up somewhere unobtrusive, like the lower right, and instead of making us wade through the options combine all of the dialog into one message that they send to you.

Therefore it has no bearing on combat or mission progression, but it is there for the people who want to see your officers interacting with you (me, for instance, I like that).