Lt. Commander
# 1 Launcher cannot connect
01-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Each time I click the Star Trek Online icon in my system tray it launches the launcher and prompts me to log in. After doing so it is able to connect to the news page. The problem is that under the patch update bar where it would normally be checking my client version and attempting to download a new patch I only see 'Connecting...'. I have tried to change the proxy with no luck and I am definitely connected to the internet. After about 10 seconds I will close the launcher and try again because sometimes it will allow me to connect - whether after 3 tries or 50. There seems to be no logic to it and all I am able to do is keep trying to connect.

Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone have a solution or workaround?
I have tried to launch the game client directly but I time out when connecting to the account server.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-19-2010, 06:12 PM
I am also having the same problem from day one. Ans there are so MANY threads about this problem. I only hope some does find the time to help. Right now I'm loosing my faith in cryptics ability to run a proper and succesfull MMO. I wounder why they had the exact same problem for Campions and they fixed it. Why not do the same for this? I payed $80 for the pre-order. So can some one PLEAS help us?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-23-2010, 12:49 AM
it seems i have the same problem.
i can only connect to the internet about a proxyserver. is this maybe the reason for my problem? can i change the settings some where that i can connect
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-23-2010, 02:36 AM
Same issue here since the 2 hour patch was added last night. Getting sick of all these issues now, I know its beta but it still worries me that things like this are popping up so close to release.
Lt. Commander
# 5 same problem, time:1525 est
01-30-2010, 12:05 PM
same problem here, cannot login :< i hope they fix it soon, in the main page of my account it says
"Server Status: Undergoing Maintenance" so its probably just a sit and wait thing id imagine.. let them maintain the server, its rather necessary at this point (if u hadn't noticed). Also look at the top right of your STO launcher you see a little red circle and bold print next to it saying "SERVER DOWN"
Lt. Commander
once again the servers seem to be down... . keep trying i guess