Lt. Commander
So, they dont release the pre order perks until launch. Does that mean that in order to get your joined trill you are going to have to begin a new character after i spent time leveling my trill in the headstart? or will there be an option to join my current Trill when the game launches?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 05:32 PM
yes, you will need to restart.

Note however you can send loot to your new toon after you make him though, so anything good that binds on equip be sure not to equip if you want to send it over later.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 05:33 PM
thats some bull**** whats the point of having the joined trill as a perk when you are gonna play the headstart only to have to start over again to get it. guess the head start was a waste of time then
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC71 View Post
thats some bull**** whats the point of having the joined trill as a perk when you are gonna play the headstart only to have to start over again to get it. guess the head start was a waste of time then
All pre-order perks are like this. And it's been in the pre-order faq for almost a month now if not longer
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 05:40 PM
wasnt aware of that, guess its my fault for not looking into it. So let me get this straight, in order to get the ship prefix NX, and the lil weapon im supposed to get, im gonna need to start a new character for all of that?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 05:42 PM
Now some of that is activatable via the cryptic store, once you stick in the retail key, or automatically applied to your account. Which ones, I'm unsure.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 05:42 PM
No. Stuff like the NX prefix, the extra equipment for your starship, those are things you can claim on any of your characters - existing or future.

But the Joined Trill is an entirely different race preset in the character creator, hence it can't be added on to existing characters. That's why to play Joined Trill, you must make a new character.

The items are just items.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC71 View Post
the Joined-Trill is part of the Digital Deluxe Package, not a Pre-Order item.

When you bought the game it stated that the release date is Feb. 2, 2010. The DDE is a Package that does not release until Feb. 2, 2010.

So when are you suppose to get your Joined-Trill that comes in the DDE package?

Head Start is just a Thank You for those that pre-Ordered the game. the Exclusive Retailer Items and the STO package items are not suppose to hit the servers until release date.. Feb. 2, 2010.

You knew this when you ordered the game.

Feb. 2, 2010 is the US release date. Other countries release date may vary.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxil85 View Post
yes, you will need to restart.

Note however you can send loot to your new toon after you make him though, so anything good that binds on equip be sure not to equip if you want to send it over later.
Actually this is bugged atm you can still mail bound gear.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 05:52 PM
A lot of Joined Trill seem to have picked Trill and mistaken it for the preorder... A lot of deleted characters are coming.