Empire Veteran
# 21
11-15-2013, 06:59 PM
As the new emperor I decree that there should be a project for larger fleets that allows for the use of the reputation system to generate personal projects for gaining fleet creds instead of constant additional holdings.

In addition fleet projects should have some scaling costs to them so as to alleviate some problems with smaller fleets.
The Emperor

Do not presume to have the capability to understand me for you see, I simply am.
Captain
# 22
11-15-2013, 07:34 PM
There is no conundrum and you are a bunch of whiners. I have solo'ed a fleet before. It's not that bad.
Career Officer
# 23
11-16-2013, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
There is no conundrum and you are a bunch of whiners. I have solo'ed a fleet before. It's not that bad.
Have a 9 hour a day job, two kids and generally a life outside STO, give yourself 1 or if you are lucky 2 hours a day to play and see how far you get.

Realy do some people have nothing else in there lives apart from STO, feel sorry for them.
Lieutenant
# 24
11-16-2013, 03:43 AM
I am going to drop a really big bomb in this discussion.

My fleet sold pets on the KDF side. We made a lot of EC for the limited time we sold, which we intended to pump back into the fleet. The we calculated the contributions to the fleet per user, and almost did a shareholder system.

So the Top 10 held most of the percentage contribution to the fleet, equating to roughly 80%.

So we made a system, when the fleet bank hit 500 million EC through sales, 80% went to the Top 10, split into the percentages of contribution. I can't remember the percentages at all, so this is an example

Out of 400mil pot
Person A: 30% = 120mil EC
Person B: 25% = 100mil EC

So on so forth, now EC paid back was regardless of fleet rank.

With the other 100mil, we got 1 (or maybe 2) lock box ships, and held a jackpot name in the hat style of event. Everybody, but those in the top 10, could enter.

Oh did I also mention there was a commission system for the sellers? 1 mil per sale.

Why am I telling you all this?
Because, I believe selling access, is fine. It provides a service (if now not need due to Public service channels ), to the community, and allows rewards to those who worked extremely hard on the starbase.

That's why, I believe selling access for EC is fine, and hate is uncalled for
Captain
# 25
11-16-2013, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by litchy74 View Post
Have a 9 hour a day job, two kids and generally a life outside STO, give yourself 1 or if you are lucky 2 hours a day to play and see how far you get.
There are 24 hours in a day. Your schedule accounts for only 9 of them. Even allowing an additional 3 in overhead costs, that still leaves 12. Additionally, you stated you have TWO kids. Try tapping these resources to further your starbase. What else are they good for?
Empire Veteran
# 26
11-16-2013, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blockbusters View Post
<snip>
I never had a problem with people asking EC for access, especially for Fleet ships. It takes a LOT of work, and a LONG time to get there, I do understand that. Heck, my own fleet is finally starting to near tier 5 in something at long last, so I get it completely.

I personally always had a problem with people asking for EC for access, purely to line their own pockets. If you put that money back into your fleet, that's great, and I'm glad for you. You did it to help your fleet, but there have been others who only cared about themselves.

As more fleets reached tier 5, the market started to get saturated as everyone lowered their prices, the new tier 5 fleets had a usually lower price, then the other ones would lower to match or beat them, etc.

But I DO agree with you. Simply hating on any fleet that sold or sells access is uncalled for. Really it is only called for at all if the fleet (or whoever in the fleet is doing it) is doing it only for the greed, and not to help out their fleet and such.

Captain
# 27
11-16-2013, 11:14 AM
I have always felt that the number of people in the fleet should scale the contributions, so that smaller fleets can be as productive as large fleets. Currently any one person in a small fleet is sometimes trying to contribute what it would take 200-300 in a large fleet. Its just not reasonable.

People want to feel like their fleet is home, and sometimes that means its a small group of friends.

There is no valid argument that people should have to pay more just because of that.

And the argument "just join a larger fleet" is also not addressing the issue.
Captain
# 28
11-16-2013, 11:47 AM
Why were fleets not just an account-based reputation system like ALL reputation systems should be?
Captain
# 29
11-16-2013, 12:06 PM
They can setup a sponsorship system that has no chance of abuse where a large fleet will make a satelite fleet and sponsor it. Just make the sponsorship blind, niether fleet knows who is the sponsor and who is the recipient. A fleet leader in a large fleet turns sponsorship on and new fleet projects become available for donations. A small fleet leader turns on the accept fleet sponsorship and the projects they have become available to a sponsor. For the large fleet once the project they sponsored is complete it is removed from the list and a new project from another fleet becomes available.

For the larger fleets getting the FC's is enough of an incentive to do it, and small fleets can turn off accepting so members can generate FC's again. Or for all fleets they can sponsor any fleet thats a lower tier than them making getting FC's less of a problem all around except T0 fleets.

As for Cryptic getting its share thats what the dilithium exchange gets them. If large fleets always had need for dilithium through sponsorship then thats more players buying zen for dilithium. If those players have no fleet projects to fill requiring it then they dont buy any.
"I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man.
Captain
# 30
11-16-2013, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
I have always felt that the number of people in the fleet should scale the contributions, so that smaller fleets can be as productive as large fleets.
Well, that would certainly make my work a lot easier, since I could downsize the fleet to a construction fleet with a skeleton crew...and that's precisely why this particular proposal is a nonstarter: The potential to abuse it massively.