Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 11:27 PM
Strange, my launcher still indicates the server is up. Yes, I've restarted the game, and Steam, to be certain.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 11:27 PM
Man I just want to play Also testing post time zone!
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 11:28 PM
Actually, in any I.T. job I've ever had, not communicating an outage and that it at least is being addressed is a career limiting move. Hopefully it is up soon.
Lt. Commander
# 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime
I doubt the customer service reps do the same job as the server technicians.
Not only that but its 11:30 PST on a Saturday. Does the OP really think that every Cryptic employee is at work right now?
Lt. Commander
# 15
probably better spending the time trying to fix what is wrong rather than telling you what you already know; the servers are down they are working on it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh View Post
Cryptic, you do realize we are no longer in Beta?... We are now PAYING customers. So how is it the game crashes over half an hour ago and no announcement or update at all?

Poor communication on issues like this is a VERY fast way to earning a lousy customer service reputation.
You might as well blame god for when you have a power outage!

Heck, power outage shouldn't happen, we got weather prediction almost down to a science.

But predicting how many people are going to play a game at launch is simply not possible. And that will always cause problem.

Here is the reality you need to understand, if the game was going to run super smooth, and I mean like no lag!!! It means they paid too much for their hardware and the company will not make enough to support this game. But instead, what your seeing is an incredible flow of players wanting more than what Cryptic can handle at the moment.

So take good news into this bad news and.... shaddup
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 11:31 PM
I agree very little info from the devs or anyone on what going on, Guess they dont have a customer service rep, or if they do there off for the weekend
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talamakara View Post
GOOD!!! I don't want to hear from them!! Are you stoned or stupid?? If we aren't hearing from them it probably means they are WORKING on it!!
The CSRs are not working on the problem. They are likely asleep, with their cell phones off. I believe part of this issue may be that the 'night' (PST) staff are not located in the US. This isn't uncommon in the industry, and sometimes it means a language barrier. If that's the case, it may be a bit before someone wakes a CSR up so they can make a post.

Either that, or this is maintenance downtime. Maybe they plumb forgot to post a notice.

In any event, in the future, I hope updates from Cryptic's staff are more forthcoming.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talamakara View Post
GOOD!!! I don't want to hear from them!! Are you stoned or stupid?? If we aren't hearing from them it probably means they are WORKING on it!!
It's fairly standard practice in both DR and BCM planning to have a nominated liaison, whose role it is to communicate with stakeholders (customers, staff, managers, suppliers, etc)

Lack of such a liaison, or slow responses, indicates substandard planning, not 'they are working on it rather than talking'
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 11:34 PM
I think every Cryptic employee's first two hours on the job every day should be reading and responding to threads on the forums. That way we will always be informed and that still leaves many more hours to get things done. From the CEO to the janitors.