Lt. Commander
# 21
01-30-2010, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Robinson
You might as well blame god for when you have a power outage!

Heck, power outage shouldn't happen, we got weather prediction almost down to a science.

But predicting how many people are going to play a game at launch is simply not possible. And that will always cause problem.

Here is the reality you need to understand, if the game was going to run super smooth, and I mean like no lag!!! It means they paid too much for their hardware and the company will not make enough to support this game. But instead, what your seeing is an incredible flow of players wanting more than what Cryptic can handle at the moment.

So take good news into this bad news and.... shaddup
Hey Joe Cool...let me rip those glasses off your smuggy face and throw them back at you. That guy has EVERY right to complain. Why don't you SHADDUP and let him complain. I'm sick and tired myself of these crashes and appeasing worms like you can SHADDUP. Go lick their balls...
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-30-2010, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisko_197 View Post
Hey Joe Cool...let me rip those glasses off your smuggy face and throw them back at you. That guy has EVERY right to complain. Why don't you SHADDUP and let him complain. I'm sick and tired myself of these crashes and appeasing worms like you can SHADDUP. Go lick their balls...
you're the awesome!
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-30-2010, 11:42 PM
Don't worry it won't be like Champions Online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-30-2010, 11:42 PM
You know, I was about to say something similar as OP. I think there was more uptime and communication in OB than what we have here! LOL
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-30-2010, 11:43 PM
Sure we don't get to enjoy a product we paid for but you have to ask yourself, could you truly enjoy it if you knew it came at the cost of Cryptic employees not getting a full night's sleep? They've already given us their weekends, must we now force them to work night shifts too?

I for one hope that day never comes, I don't think I could live with myself if it did.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-30-2010, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twizeek View Post
The CSRs are not working on the problem. They are likely asleep, with their cell phones off. I believe part of this issue may be that the 'night' (PST) staff are not located in the US. This isn't uncommon in the industry, and sometimes it means a language barrier. If that's the case, it may be a bit before someone wakes a CSR up so they can make a post.

Either that, or this is maintenance downtime. Maybe they plumb forgot to post a notice.

In any event, in the future, I hope updates from Cryptic's staff are more forthcoming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniperberry
It's fairly standard practice in both DR and BCM planning to have a nominated liaison, whose role it is to communicate with stakeholders (customers, staff, managers, suppliers, etc)

Lack of such a liaison, or slow responses, indicates substandard planning, not 'they are working on it rather than talking'

It's actually not commone practice for the IT people to communicate with anyone. I've worked for IBM, and currently am oncall 24/7 for my current it company. The only people we report to is my managment, and he to his, we don't report to any customers.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-30-2010, 11:44 PM
Quote:
mmmmm Nerd Rage Tears

the servers will be happy
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-30-2010, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Your only right you have is to cancel your subscription.

No one likes a 'wiener'.

Afraid people keep forgetting how all mmos fail in having a flawless launch date. So whining will get you nothing. (the glasses stays)

So keep whining in forums, all you end up doing is frustrating other players.

They already know things are not going their way, crying like babies won't solve anything. Just make things more annoying for everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-30-2010, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh View Post
Cryptic, you do realize we are no longer in Beta?... We are now PAYING customers. So how is it the game crashes over half an hour ago and no announcement or update at all?

Poor communication on issues like this is a VERY fast way to earning a lousy customer service reputation.
I'm guessing the head start serves a dual purpose at Cryptic. It rewards the faithful (us) and squeezes in one last weekend of testing. Probably the heaviest load testing to date.

I have a feeling that more shiny-new servers will be coming online soon (or, in realty, a bunch more servers of God knows what class, at a server CoLo). Does anyone know if Cryptic owns their own servers or if they lease?
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-30-2010, 11:50 PM
Maybe they're just fed up with people flaming the work they do. For example:

Servers go down - Moron A says "ZOMG CRYPTIC YOU SUCK"
Servers come back up - Moron B says "ZOMG CRYPTIC YOU SUCK"

So, where's their added incentive to even acknowledge anything on the forums. I'm sure they're working on it, but flaming them over every single little thing that might go wrong does not help the situation.

How would you like it if you owned a store and every single customer gave you **** about everything about it, the lighting, the prices, the range of products etc, after a while you wouldn't feel very good now would you?

Also, look at it this way - the forums are a convenient way for Cryptic employees to interact with it's community. No legislation, government laws or ANYTHING say the Cryptic MUST converse with it's community, or even have any forums at all. Sure it's always nice to know every detail about what's happening, but that will not always be that case.

So be thankful for the fact that you have a voice and you can speak it. If you don't have anything constructive to put towards the current situation, then stop wasting your time and everyone elses with these useless QQ threads