Lt. Commander
# 31
01-30-2010, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
I'm guessing the head start serves a dual purpose at Cryptic. It rewards the faithful (us) and squeezes in one last weekend of testing. Probably the heaviest load testing to date.
There is no way that this sort-of-paid-for extra weekend has more people playing than the OB week with tens of thousands of free keys given out.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-31-2010, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyy
There is no way that this sort-of-paid-for extra weekend has more people playing than the OB week with tens of thousands of free keys given out.
I dunno. People were putting up poll threads taking bets on when it would crash after the head start began. So I am not so surprised (and I know from playing several other MMOS from beta to release myself) that it's crashing, and it seems that others were expecting it. Why do you think that is? Maybe because they played other MMOS.

Is your position that it's less stable with less people online? Why do you think it's failing?
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-31-2010, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh View Post
Cryptic, you do realize we are no longer in Beta?... We are now PAYING customers. So how is it the game crashes over half an hour ago and no announcement or update at all?

Poor communication on issues like this is a VERY fast way to earning a lousy customer service reputation.
Wait you are already paying for a sub? I thought the first month was free and only really kicks in on Feb 2......
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-31-2010, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talamakara View Post
It's actually not common practice for the IT people to communicate with anyone. I've worked for IBM, and currently am oncall 24/7 for my current it company. The only people we report to is my management, and he to his, we don't report to any customers.
Don't talk such rot. There isn't an IT department in existence that doesn't have to report when something fails. Someone... somewhere will get answers or someone else will be jobless.

If you worked for IBM, this shouldn't be a stretch for you. Or, maybe that's the reason for the past tense. IBM has positioned themselves as an IT service provider and in some cases, data center or on site technical staff. They have impeccable, granular documentation procedures and they most certainly have a contact list for SEV 1 and 2 outages. You were a peon... and your managers report to the customers both internal and/or external. That, or you weren't doing your job.

WE are the customers in this game. A tid bit of information... irregardless of who gives it to us... is not too much to ask. It's no wonder good customer service is so rare.. even customers make excuses for not getting it.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-31-2010, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalacious View Post
Wait you are already paying for a sub? I thought the first month was free and only really kicks in on Feb 2......
Tell that to the 250.00 deficit in my account. The cost of the game is instant as well. My last count, I'm 300 bucks down and still not playing.l
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-31-2010, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh View Post
Cryptic, you do realize we are no longer in Beta?... We are now PAYING customers. So how is it the game crashes over half an hour ago and no announcement or update at all?

Poor communication on issues like this is a VERY fast way to earning a lousy customer service reputation.
The are all taking a long weekend. And when they get back most of them will be off to finish work on Neverwinter Nights MMO that is coming out in late 2010 or 2011, if rumors are true Or more correctly if what Turbine is claiming in lawsuit against Atari is true. That Atari hindered distribution od D&D online in EU because of their planned D&D MMO that was being done in house. IE Cryptic.