Lt. Commander
# 51
01-31-2010, 01:36 AM
The Troll in me says, "It doesn't bode well or put a lot of faith in Cryptic if their server problems are so bad. I'm not blaming them for the breakdown, just that the frequency and length is frustrating. Hard to play a game when you can't get in to play it. Glad I didn't buy a lifetime, even as a good deal, the company seems to have too much bad luck..."

The Fanboi in me says, "I really enjoy this game, I hope they fix as much as possible by Tuesday. I played tonight with a friend, using an audio Skype call as our in game chat. We blazed through 'Stop the Signal', him at level 4, me at level 8. I hope a year from now, all of this is a bad memory and I am walking the halls of my ship looking for the holodeck."

These last 2 days have been yin and yang for this game, I hope tomorrow is better.
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-31-2010, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaCrok
Ya know we all get MMO's have rocky launches and rough patches but seriously.. two crashes in a single day numerous bugs still in game and yet all the fanbois still praising Cryptic and STO. Just wondering how long you can make excuses before you realize STO is no better than CO. Yea it's Trek and we all love it but if I slap a Star Trek emblem on a pile of crap it doesn't make it smell any less. Cryptic really needs to get there stuff together because this isn't there first MMO yet every one of their MMO's I play seem to have a lot in common when it comes to problems. And yes this is a headstart and technically not payed time yet but if you think come tuesday the problems will magically disappear you're dilluding yourselves. If anything they will be much much worse. But by all means keep pretending everything is fine and all the masses that come to the forums with complaints are just idiots and haters. I'm sure that'll comfort you when in 6 mos you're the only ones still playing because of you're foolish rush to hand over 250 for a lifetime. I'm sure you'll find even more comfort when if these problems persist you go to log in around month 10 and find out theres nothing to log into. I'm done now feel free to flame away.
you gotta love first timers.
Lt. Commander
# 53
01-31-2010, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raam View Post
What I worry about is. Why are you so keen on sharing your negativity with the rest of us. What do YOU have to gain from posting something like this...

I don't understand people like you... at all. Why don't you just move on. Find another game to play instead of insisting on hanging around here where NOONE (except people like yourself) care what you think.
I have nothing to gain other than maybe opening some peoples eyes to the mess they are getting themselves into. Plus I honestly don't understand how people can still sit here and say everything is fine when it is obviously not. If it was fine you wouldn't still be having crashes over something as simple to fix as server loads. Also there wouldn't still be so many bugs in the game.

Honestly if this was the beginning of OB I wouldn't say anything at all. Fact of the matter is though that we are now 2 days from release and while I can see some problems there is a reasonable limit. And also to the troll who's only comments are to bash my english and typing all I can say is how sad are you? You talk about me being stupid and my grammar being horrible but those are all things I find only true trolls use because they have nothing real or of substance to say. It also shows that you are a fanboi ready to swallow any pos someone throws at you as long as it says Star Trek on it.

If you keep pretending there are no problems and throwing your money at Cryptic there's no real incentive to change anything for them because they have your money so they don't care. The only way problems get fixed in MMOS is when the community speaks up and doesn't just blindly accept whatever they are given as awesome. I'm not saying I don't like the game nor that I don't wanna play the game. I most certainly do. But I wanna play a working game not one that is going to crash every day and not one that isn't going to make it very long if problems persist. As I said you can say it's fine and theres nothing to worry about. You can say GTFO or just wait a few weeks and it'll get better. The thing is they have had plenty of time for problems like this to be solved and they haven't so it doesn't look very good. By all means though continue the cool story bro's in response to threads like this. I'm sure that's what Hellgate:London players were saying the whole way up till the servers were gone.
Lt. Commander
# 54
01-31-2010, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Ya know we all get MMO's have rocky launches and rough patches but seriously.. two crashes in a single day numerous bugs still in game and yet all the fanbois still praising Cryptic and STO. Just wondering how long you can make excuses before you realize STO is no better than CO. Yea it's Trek and we all love it but if I slap a Star Trek emblem on a pile of crap it doesn't make it smell any less. Cryptic really needs to get there stuff together because this isn't there first MMO yet every one of their MMO's I play seem to have a lot in common when it comes to problems. And yes this is a headstart and technically not payed time yet but if you think come tuesday the problems will magically disappear you're dilluding yourselves. If anything they will be much much worse. But by all means keep pretending everything is fine and all the masses that come to the forums with complaints are just idiots and haters. I'm sure that'll comfort you when in 6 mos you're the only ones still playing because of you're foolish rush to hand over 250 for a lifetime. I'm sure you'll find even more comfort when if these problems persist you go to log in around month 10 and find out theres nothing to log into. I'm done now feel free to flame away.
just stfu noob, kk thanks nuff said
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-31-2010, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumbleskin View Post
just stfu noob, kk thanks nuff said

Somebody is mad they paid over 300 bucks for a game nowhere near ready for release huh? It's ok it'll get better in a few weeks right? And then in a few weeks when it isn't it'll be a few weeks more right?
Lt. Commander
# 56
01-31-2010, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airfoil
Yeah, of the 4-5 MMO's that I have played from the start, these guys seem to have rushed to Release just a tad too early.

You know if the game isnt in a state you want to play... YOu can always stop playing and come back in 6 months... You know like when crytptic will give you free time to try the game again and see if its up to your standards..

they did this with champions.. no reason why they wont do it with this..

AND FYI.. its completely unreasonable to think a game on launch day will be perfect.. when 10x the amount of people are playing than they ever had durring beta.. You just cant test 100k people jamming your servers when only 15k were in testing it..

If this sucks for you.. well im sorry man.. dont know what to tell you.. But No game.. I repeat no game has every launched perfect..

Personally id rather have everyone on one server and have a month of growing pains.. than 20 shards and a perfect life..
Lt. Commander
# 57
01-31-2010, 07:51 AM
Quote:
The thing is they have had plenty of time for problems like this to be solved and they haven't so it doesn't look very good. By all means though continue the cool story bro's in response to threads like this. I'm sure that's what Hellgate:London players were saying the whole way up till the servers were gone.
The problem is time. How do you know they had enough time. Maby the budget didnt make room for more testing and another release time. Maby Atari pushed Cryptic. And don,t compare HL with STO. HL was pure action. The same as tabula rasa action MMO never survived because we all can play good action on dedicated servers like AvP ,Borderworlds or BF.
But we will see if another new MMo will do the headstart better. Even Global Agenda that is also in headstart now need to restart servers etc. Expect the same with SW next year. And look at the patches they did in the beta. The already resolved alot of bugs(look for the notes).
I know its painfull but MMo are the most complex games.
Lt. Commander
# 58
01-31-2010, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazerLight
You know if the game isnt in a state you want to play... YOu can always stop playing and come back in 6 months... You know like when crytptic will give you free time to try the game again and see if its up to your standards..

they did this with champions.. no reason why they wont do it with this..

AND FYI.. its completely unreasonable to think a game on launch day will be perfect.. when 10x the amount of people are playing than they ever had durring beta.. You just cant test 100k people jamming your servers when only 15k were in testing it..

If this sucks for you.. well im sorry man.. dont know what to tell you.. But No game Cryptic has developed.. I repeat no game has every launched perfect..

Personally id rather have everyone on one server and have a month of growing pains.. than 20 shards and a perfect life..
Fix't and while no game has ever launched perfect most have at least had functional servers at launch.
Lt. Commander
# 59
01-31-2010, 07:52 AM
Think of it like this: This launch is like if when WoW had launched, Alliance was set, but they neglected to add quests for Horde, or if Warhammer launched and Order was mostly good, but Chaos hand no quests other than PVP.
and no this isnt apples and or oranges, it does translate.
Lt. Commander
# 60
01-31-2010, 07:52 AM
Quote:
I . Plus I honestly don't understand how people can still sit here and say everything is fine when it is obviously not. If it was fine you wouldn't still be having crashes over something as simple to fix as server loads. Also there wouldn't still be so many bugs in the game.

Soo agian.. why are you still playing?? come back in 6 months when it gets worked out.. Noone is making you pay 15 bucks a month to play now..

Again ill say it..

its completely unreasonable to expect a flawless launch.. (still 3 days away) When you have had say 15k people testing your servers... vrs 100k that are gonna be slaming them on launch day..

If you think you should beable to do that flawlessly... its obvious you have zero clue on how networking works. If this stuff goes on for the next 3 months.. then you might have reason to complain.. But my god.. Explecint lfawless from day one.. and including beta is just completly unreal expectations.

Go play wow.. and then complain when a freind is on another server that you have to pay a transfer fee.. to me one server is worth its weight in gold once the bugs are worked out over the next couple months..