Lt. Commander
# 61
01-31-2010, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaCrok
Ya know we all get MMO's have rocky launches and rough patches but seriously.. two crashes in a single day numerous bugs still in game and yet all the fanbois still praising Cryptic and STO. Just wondering how long you can make excuses before you realize STO is no better than CO. Yea it's Trek and we all love it but if I slap a Star Trek emblem on a pile of crap it doesn't make it smell any less. Cryptic really needs to get there stuff together because this isn't there first MMO yet every one of their MMO's I play seem to have a lot in common when it comes to problems. And yes this is a headstart and technically not payed time yet but if you think come tuesday the problems will magically disappear you're dilluding yourselves. If anything they will be much much worse. But by all means keep pretending everything is fine and all the masses that come to the forums with complaints are just idiots and haters. I'm sure that'll comfort you when in 6 mos you're the only ones still playing because of you're foolish rush to hand over 250 for a lifetime. I'm sure you'll find even more comfort when if these problems persist you go to log in around month 10 and find out theres nothing to log into. I'm done now feel free to flame away.

blahblahblahblahblah cant believe i wasted time reading that
Lt. Commander
# 62
01-31-2010, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Fix't and while no game has ever launched perfect most have at least had functional servers at launch.

And yet again.... you hit the key word... SERVERS !!!

Everyone is on the same server in this game.. No need to pay a transfer fee.. Or make 10 alts on different servers to play with different people.. its all the same..

Im soo glad cryptic did this, Ill take 2 months of growing pains to have um work out the crash bugs.. than make 20 shards and have it closer to perfect.. which STILL is not launch day yet..

and even if crashed keep going for a month or even 2.. In the end it will be 10x better..

Dont like it.. Dont play.. come back in 6 months...
Lt. Commander
# 63
01-31-2010, 07:56 AM
if you dont like the game dont play it, if you dont like the service dont play it, you should be old enough to know this. am enjoying this game, only problem is that its to easy from lvl 1 to 11
Lt. Commander
# 64
01-31-2010, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazerLight
Soo agian.. why are you still playing?? come back in 6 months when it gets worked out..
This is always a great thing to see at or near the launch of an MMO. Do the hard cores REALLY think the lifetomers and they add up to enough revenue to keep the rntire game afloat on their own? Telling people to leave before the game is even out, rather than emploring the company to maybe FIX THE ISSUES (*shock*) is asking them to cut off your funding. In addition; you think THIS is bad? wait till the 2nd when the only ppl playing are ppl that bought the game and PAID for this. The forums will be down for days.
Not to mention once the reviewers get ahold of this game and find out that its only have finished with a wing and a prayer from Cryptic that theyll add more 45 days from launch.... why not NOW?? Or BEFORE LAUNCH? When it SHOULD have been fixed?
Know what the funny thing is about this? IM a lifer. And I STILL feel this way.
Lt. Commander
# 65
01-31-2010, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Soo agian.. why are you still playing?? come back in 6 months when it gets worked out.. Noone is making you pay 15 bucks a month to play now..

Again ill say it..

its completely unreasonable to expect a flawless launch.. (still 3 days away) When you have had say 15k people testing your servers... vrs 100k that are gonna be slaming them on launch day..

If you think you should beable to do that flawlessly... its obvious you have zero clue on how networking works. If this stuff goes on for the next 3 months.. then you might have reason to complain.. But my god.. Explecint lfawless from day one.. and including beta is just completly unreal expectations.

Go play wow.. and then complain when a freind is on another server that you have to pay a transfer fee.. to me one server is worth its weight in gold once the bugs are worked out over the next couple months..
Well I actually won't be playing past the free month. And hey you are probably right. Once the majority logs in and see what a mess it is they will all quit and the servers should be far less cluttered for the rest that just keep flushing that 15 bucks down the toilet.
Lt. Commander
# 66
01-31-2010, 08:02 AM
Quote:
And yet again.... you hit the key word... SERVERS !!!

Everyone is on the same server in this game.. No need to pay a transfer fee.. Or make 10 alts on different servers to play with different people.. its all the same..

Im soo glad cryptic did this, Ill take 2 months of growing pains to have um work out the crash bugs.. than make 20 shards and have it closer to perfect.. which STILL is not launch day yet..

and even if crashed keep going for a month or even 2.. In the end it will be 10x better..

Dont like it.. Dont play.. come back in 6 months...
Then testing shhould be done for another 6months.And then release....
Lt. Commander
# 67
01-31-2010, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Ya know we all get MMO's have rocky launches and rough patches but seriously.. two crashes in a single day numerous bugs still in game and yet all the fanbois still praising Cryptic and STO. Just wondering how long you can make excuses before you realize STO is no better than CO. .
I always wondered why people like you have no concept of what an opinion is.

Do you understand why everyone doesn't just buy the exact same games as you?
Do you understand people enjoy different things?
How can one actually be so juvenile to think thei opinion is right, when the very concept of an opinion is that it isn't right or wrong?

Seriously what is the matter with you? Have your opinion but don't be such an inbred moron about it. People think and want different things.

Is it a mental issue that you can't understand this concept, becuase it's not very complicated and obviously you have no comprehension of it.

Go see a doctor, or look up the word opinion.

Then get off my lawn you idiots

Quote:
. keep flushing that 15 bucks down the toilet.
I went out for a movie and drinks last night it cost over two hundred dollars, I'm not concerned about $15.
Lt. Commander
# 68
01-31-2010, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublespeak
I always wondered why people like you have no concept of what an opinion is.

Do you understand why everyone doesn't just buy the exact same games as you?
Do you understand people enjoy different things?
How can one actually be so juvenile to think thei opinion is right, when the very concept of an opinion is that it isn't right or wrong?

Seriously what is the matter with you? Have your opinion but don't be such an inbred moron about it. People think and want different things.

Is it a mental issue that you can't understand this concept, becuase it's not very complicated and obviously you have no comprehension of it.

Go see a doctor, or look up the word opinion.

Then get off my lawn you idiots

I went out for a movie and drinks last night it cost over two hundred dollars, I'm not concerned about $15.
I was trying to think of something intelligent to say to this but seriously lol. So you get mad at me for expressing an opinion that I don't understand how people can pretend everything is ok. And then you proceed to bash my opinion? I want you to go look up a word for me Hypocrit. And a lawn is not that 2x2 patch of grass outside the basement window not sure if you knew that or not.
Lt. Commander
# 69
01-31-2010, 08:11 AM
Quote:
I was trying to think of something intelligent to say to this but seriously lol. So you get mad at me for expressing an opinion that I don't understand how people can pretend everything is ok. And then you proceed to bash my opinion? I want you to go look up a word for me Hypocrit.
NO no, you expressed in a way that everyone should have the same one as you and we are idiots for having something different. Your reading comprehension fails.

I'm not pretending everything is fine, I'm fine with the game how it is and know it will get better. I understand why you would have your opinion and you're entitled to it, but again you say i'm pretending so you don't seem to understand what an opinion is.

Read the first post again, I never once bashed your opinion, I bashed your ability to not comprehend that others think differently than you. Comprehension....
Lt. Commander
# 70
01-31-2010, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublespeak
NO no, you expressed in a way that everyone should have the same one as you and we are idiots for having something different. Your reading comprehension fails.

I'm not pretending everything is fine, I'm fine with the game how it is and know it will get better. I understand why you would have your opinion and you're entitled to it, but again you say i'm pretending so you don't seem to understand what an opinion is.

Read the first post again, I never once bashed your opinion, I bashed your ability to not comprehend that others think differently than you. Comprehension....
Why bother explaining? The OP is just another person who holds their opinion in too high of a regard. "This game sucks, but it was a gift so I won't be paying or playing after the free month." is a silly thing to say. If someone gave me a game as a gift that I didn't like I just wouldn't play it. But thats what grown ups do....