Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Reverse shield polarity
01-31-2010, 05:47 AM
That difference between
reverse shield polarity I
reverse shield polarity II
reverse shield polarity III
If i remember correct from beta there are no diferent in time or cooldown.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-31-2010, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telrin
That difference between
reverse shield polarity I
reverse shield polarity II
reverse shield polarity III
If i remember correct from beta there are no diferent in time or cooldown.
Note: BO = Bridge Officer

usually, BO powers efficiency is dependent upon:
  • Captain's skill points relevant to that power, increase in magnitude/intensity of the power.
  • BO skill points on that power, decrease in cooldown.
There are a few exceptions but this is true for most BO powers. So you can raise efficiency either by improving the power itself (captain's skill points) or reducing its cooldown (BO skill points).

Thus it would be logical that RVP I, II and III have the same base timing/cooldown; however not the same magnitude. You can improve those cooldowns by investing in each separate skill on your BO (having RVP I at 9 pts will not change anything on your RVP II, even if it's on the same BO).

Say you change from
  • ER Power to shields I (9pts) / RVP I (9 pts) / Boarding Party II (9 pts)
to
  • ER Power to shields I (9 pts) / Boarding Party I (5 pts) / RVP II (4 pts)
then to make that "swap"
  • You have to unlearn [RVP I] and lose the 9 pts, to learn [Boarding Party I] and re-invest 5 pts.
  • Same with [BP II] that you lose altogether with its 9 pts, to learn [RVP II] and re-invest 4 pts there.
  • Net cost: 18 points lost forever (however they remain in the total points invested needed for promotion!), 9 points to invest anew (18 points if you were to max out those skills again).
However captain's skill points improvement will work for both since they rely on the same system (engineering/shields in this case).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-31-2010, 08:06 AM
BO = ???

idiot question probably but...


ness


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikkei View Post
usually, BO powers efficiency is dependent upon:
  • Captain's skill points relevant to that power, increase in magnitude/intensity of the power.
  • BO skill points on that power, decrease in cooldown.
There are a few exceptions but this is true for most BO powers. So you can raise efficiency either by improving the power itself (captain's skill points) or reducing its cooldown (BO skill points).

Thus it would be logical that RVP I, II and III have the same base timing/cooldown; however not the same magnitude. You can improve those cooldowns by investing in each separate skill on your BO (having RVP I at 9 pts will not change anything on your RVP II, even if it's on the same BO).

Say you change from
  • ER Power to shields I (9pts) / RVP I (9 pts) / Boarding Party II (9 pts)
to
  • ER Power to shields I (9 pts) / Boarding Party I (5 pts) / RVP II (4 pts)
then to make that "swap"
  • You have to unlearn [RVP I] and lose the 9 pts, to learn [Boarding Party I] and re-invest 5 pts.
  • Same with [BP II] that you lose altogether with its 9 pts, to learn [RVP II] and re-invest 4 pts there.

However captain's skill points improvement will work for both since they rely on the same system (engineering/shields in this case).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-31-2010, 08:07 AM
Oops, sorry, BO = Bridge Officer
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-31-2010, 08:54 AM
I think what OP meant is wether there is any reason to upgrade from RSP 1 to RSP 3? So lets put it this way - is RSP 1 worse in any way then RSP 3 provided that both were buffed to full?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-31-2010, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kys
I think what OP meant is wether there is any reason to upgrade from RSP 1 to RSP 3? So lets put it this way - is RSP 1 worse in any way then RSP 3 provided that both were buffed to full?
I don't know about RSP specifically. But for Tachyon Beam, a TB I maxed at 9 pts is equivalent to TB II with 3pts or something near that.
Same for science teams.

So yeah, you want to upgrade if the skill is important to you.

However, some skills, only available to Lt. or LC BOs, are really good. One should always consider:
  • upgrading [whatever Mk.I] to [whatever mk.II]
OR
  • keeping the Mk.I (if it's good enough at what it does) and acquire a new skill.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:02 PM.