Commander
Pretty much the thread title. The Borg 4 Piece Space Set was pulled due to 'unintended benefits' when the Rep system was inplemented. Is the Dyson Set going to suffer the same fate or are we going to get a MACO, Rom, Omega, Tholian, Breen, Jem'Hadar, etc Warp Core added to those sets too?

Wanted: 200,000 Dilithium Special Feature Projects for Romulan skinned Fleet Holdings.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 2
11-18-2013, 01:31 PM
It's unlikely that we'll go retrofit old sets with Warp Cores, though not impossible. It is, however, intentional that you can weigh 2pc/2pc vs. 4pc bonuses with the Dyson set, and it's likely that we'll continue implementing sets in this way in the future. We think it's fun to look at those combinations and try hybrid playstyles with them - the most important thing is that the choices are balanced and there's no single 2pc/2pc combination that dominates any 3 or 4 piece bonus.
Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
Commander
# 3
11-18-2013, 01:33 PM
Nice. Thanks for the swift reply

Wanted: 200,000 Dilithium Special Feature Projects for Romulan skinned Fleet Holdings.
Captain
# 4
11-18-2013, 02:03 PM
Hai, People who earned the "original" Borg STF set called, and they want their 4-piece set back.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
11-18-2013, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by senatorvreenak View Post
Hai, People who earned the "original" Borg STF set called, and they want their 4-piece set back.
but the 2 peice wepon set bonus is just sooo nice.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Career Officer
# 6
11-18-2013, 05:05 PM
Quote:
To be fair, the Assimilated Console was never attached to an STF.
Rihannsu
# 7
11-18-2013, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffel82 View Post
Well... yes and no. I got mine before Omega Rep, and that mission is STUPIDLY hard to solo.... And it doesn't get any harder with other players, so I think it was designed to be done as a 5-man team.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 8
11-18-2013, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffel82 View Post
No, it was a taster from a very Borg Episode, and was designed from the very beginning to be a part of the whole 4-piece set.

I say they should restore the original set effect that people originally worked hard to earn, buff the other sets to also make them desirable in their own right(which they should have done rather than nerf the Borg set), and throw in a Borg Warp Core for the Omega space weapons set.
Captain
# 9
11-19-2013, 10:55 AM
Quote:
No, it was a taster from a very Borg Episode, and was designed from the very beginning to be a part of the whole 4-piece set.

I say they should restore the original set effect that people originally worked hard to earn, buff the other sets to also make them desirable in their own right(which they should have done rather than nerf the Borg set), and throw in a Borg Warp Core for the Omega space weapons set.
so we go back to 99% of the players using borg 2p set? no, thx. The nerft to borg set was a good, the healing was too powerfull.

And.... WORKED HARD? u kidding me right, 1 FE mission and 5 stfs and u got the set lol. Now is hard to get...
John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
Commander
# 10
11-19-2013, 10:59 AM
What about the people who are constantly bugged at seeing the 4/5 on their gear and not being able to complete that last piece?