Lt. Commander
I use Norton for my internet condom, and it flags Cryptic's exe boot up program as "acting suspiciously". Might should contact Norton and clear things up for them as to why your program would cause a warning like this.

Edit - fixed typo in thread title.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salexander
I use Norton for my internet condom, and it flags Cryptic's exe boot up program as "acting suspiciously". Might should contact Norton and clear things up for them as to why your program would cause a warning like this.
It just says "acting suspicious "because the server is up.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salexander
Probably, like most MMOs, it scans active memory processes, both names and memory values, to guard against hacking and botting programs. You sign over a measure of system privacy in the EULA.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 05:09 PM
There... are... four... lights!!!
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 05:09 PM
It's probably because you're using a piece of crap piece of software like Norton heh...

You might be better off investing in security software that is actually effective for its purpose and also doesn't eat up system resources like they're unlimited and free.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALCUT View Post
It just says "acting suspicious "because the server is up.
Ah ha! That explains it!
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 05:12 PM
Neither does McAffee. lol

AS GOD AS MY WITNESS I"M NEVER LOGGING OFF AGAIN!!!
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkalius80
It's probably because you're using a piece of crap piece of software like Norton heh...

You might be better off investing in security software that is actually effective for its purpose and also doesn't eat up system resources like they're unlimited and free.
Agreed, Norton & McAfee are bloated POS. I can't tell you how many onsite calls I've been on and seen people horribly infected with viruses and Norton just sitting there green light and ready to go saying you're clean. Seriously all it does it slow your PC.

Get Vipre half the price, a lot faster, and a much higher detection rating.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 05:13 PM
Seriously norton? That will slow down your game...
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Probably, like most MMOs, it scans active memory processes, both names and memory values, to guard against hacking and botting programs. You sign over a measure of system privacy in the EULA.
Really? Which section of the EULA?

Considering I've already seen automation running around in STO during beta...and we've already got at least one gold selling firm moving in... it ain't doing a wonderful job of sanity checking itself either.