Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 12:39 AM
Go go Troll thread #1938753. You're so unique. I wish I could be like you.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 12:40 AM
I've spent more money on things that have entertained me far less than this game does, despite any issues that may be happening right now.

I've also been through enough MMO launches to not even be close to bothered by what we're seeing right now.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 12:41 AM
I bought a lifetime sub because I'm not in any kind of rush to max out and then whine that there is nothing left to do in the first month of release.

So I could care less about normal launch stability issues.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 12:42 AM
Proud Lifer. Want to play, Wish servers were up. Am I mad that they aren't? No. This is the way MMO's go.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 12:43 AM
You critisize those that paid for a lifetime and they all understand this is what happens. What makes me laugh the most is you signature says you aren't a lifer, but plan on being when the game is stable. That makes you a hypocrit.
Lt. Commander
# 16
Oh noes! Server outages the second day of release!

Doesn't bother me. I know how these things go. I haven't even been around too many MMO launches and I know how these things go. All it takes is common sense and a single iota of knowledge regarding how large scale server applications work.

The only thing I'm disappointed about is not being able to get Lieutenant Commander today. But I have plenty of time ahead for such things.
Lt. Commander
# 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by SULUFAN View Post
The "Defense" in your words almost makes me think you dropped 200+ on a subscription . LAUGHING
Now you need to lay off the pipe. There's no "defense" there as there's nothing to defend. I have a lifetime sub, and I'm not upset. Perhaps you're too busy trolling to notice the little Server button that is green when its up, red when its down. Its color coded so even you should be able to get some use out of it. There's your communication, unless you are an tech at their hosting facility, you don't need to know more.

I dropped $200+, cause in the real world, that's a drop in the bucket. I've had lunches that cost more.
Lt. Commander
# 18
Quote:
................ must anger you, to see you spent money on a product that is no different than Open Beta, and shows a serious lack of COMMUNICATION from developers ,with random "server downtimes" with no warning or explanations. Suck'a!
**** happens

BTW welcome to the board george takaei!
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 12:44 AM
Quote:
................ must anger you, to see you spent money on a product that is no different than Open Beta, and shows a serious lack of COMMUNICATION from developers ,with random "server downtimes" with no warning or explanations. Suck'a!
If we purchased a lifetime simply to play this weekend, then you would almost have a point.

BUT, the very concept of Lifetime subscription is that we will be playing far beyond a single opening weekend.

And the vast majority of those who purchased a Lifetime have enough experience with MMO's that we know the issues of the first few weeks (I said weeks, not hours) will be forgotten over the longer haul.

We don't play MMO's for the weekend thrill. We play them for the long term entertainment.

Am I disappointed that the servers are down? A tiny bit, not even that actually. I knew the servers would be down this weekend.

Is there an up side? Yep, they are down because there are so many people playing. And the only reason there are so many people playing this weekend is because they all bought the game.

SO yep, I'm content. If the problem is still here come March I'll be a bit more mystified. So ask me this summer.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Spending money on Products is easy - the hard part is to have a job that pays well.

Sorry, that you don't