Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 12:45 AM
Considering that this is still pre-launch gameplay..lifetimers are the "only" ones giving them money, cut em a break..they have to see who they have and who they don't before they can figure out how much they need to spend on servers.

Its day -2
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-31-2010, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SULUFAN View Post
................ must anger you, to see you spent money on a product that is no different than Open Beta, and shows a serious lack of COMMUNICATION from developers ,with random "server downtimes" with no warning or explanations. Suck'a!
Doesn't bother me one bit. A little explanation would be nice, and an ET, versus just a "Undergoing Maintenance". Otherwise, I am content. I have a lifetime sub, so downtime won't ever take away from the time I am allowed to play, while people with monthly subscriptions are paying to not play.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-31-2010, 12:46 AM
Quote:
................ must anger you, to see you spent money on a product that is no different than Open Beta, and shows a serious lack of COMMUNICATION from developers ,with random "server downtimes" with no warning or explanations. Suck'a!
People who bought lifetime subscriptions did so to enjoy the development of the game over time. It's the people who pay by the month who need to make the most of every second.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-31-2010, 12:47 AM
Quote:
No different than what i expected for an MMO starting up. So far i feel like the game is going on par as to how it should. And i see plenty of communication from the Devs so i don't know where that comes from. And every MMO i have ever played has random downtime every now and again, it is just unavoidable, especially for a new MMO. So not angry.

I think what this really is about is you not having a lifetime yourself. You just advertise it's because you want "a finished product" and the hope that Lifers are upset is what makes you hate yourself slightly less for not having one in time.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-31-2010, 12:48 AM
if you have a problem with the way things are going right now and are whinging about buying the lifetime subscription, heck give it to someone who would appreciate the game for what it is, i love star trek and this game is an answer to all that i have wanted in a star trek game, be glad you got the lifetime subscription, and like i said if you dont like the way thing are, give that subscription to someone who would appreciate it!
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-31-2010, 12:48 AM
I bought a lifetime sub even after I cancelled my DDE from Steam. Its a better than typical launch not trying to sugar coat it; I was ****ed about not having my liberated borg for 7 hrs particularly when it took Coderanger 5 minutes to fix. But everyone here is really only thinking about themselves. If I have no problems then too bad for the people that do as long as I'm okay. Cryptic have to cater to all of us, and some of these problems are not 5 minute fixes. Some players, even ones that have no intention of buying a retail code, will not be catered to by Cryptic in a timely or satisfying fashion and they will leave; some not quietly.

But the number one distinction between a lifer and everyone else is they believe hard in the products future, regardless of what is happening today. I was really surprised by how many people bought lifetime and you can see that as a nod to the IP or Cryptic or both.

I think what it comes down to, whether you like what you see here or not, is that this is the only Star Trek MMOG on the market right now.

Either you are in, or you are out.

By supporting the product and the developer overtime hopefully things will get better and potentially better content and results will come from the IP. If it fails this doesn't bode well for the IP regardless of how compelling it is.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-31-2010, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doh123 View Post
not at all, its a great game....

sure downtime sucks, but thats life. Too many people seem so spoiled these days.
I don't know about spoiled, but they clearly need to find something to do with their time than just one game. If anyone is anything beyond annoyed about down time, expected or otherwise, they clearly have some issues that may require professional help.

Unless this is only your first or second MMO launch, people should be quite. If you haven't gotten used to MMO launches by now, you should just stop playing MMOs at launch and wait for 3 to 6 months before even bothering to even consider considering the thought of possibly considering buying the game. They are never stable a launch and that's just the way it is and will always be.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-31-2010, 01:09 AM
I got burned on HGL lifetime. and this beta/head start scares me.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-31-2010, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceryk View Post
Unless this is only your first or second MMO launch, people should be quite. If you haven't gotten used to MMO launches by now, you should just stop playing MMOs at launch and wait for 3 to 6 months before even bothering to even consider considering the thought of possibly considering buying the game. They are never stable a launch and that's just the way it is and will always be.
Word.

I told several of my friends about the game. The basics of how the Space combat works, and the missions that I had seen so far. I told them about all of the STO races that were available, and all of the cool Star Trek sounds.

None of them, not one asked about stability or bugs. Veterans all.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-31-2010, 01:11 AM
Not at all

Quite simply ill be the one saying 'sucka' when 4 months down the line your thinking "I wish I got that lifetime sub". And then even moreso when im playing after 14-16 months for absolutely nothing while everyone else still funds it for me.