Lt. Commander
# 31
01-31-2010, 12:16 AM
I don't have a lifetime (1 month recurring here) and I know exactly how games like this are at launch. Hell, this is one of the BETTER ones I've played, since I had my first login crash just about half an hour ago. And I've played since the last few days of OB.

Honestly, if this is a big deal for you, you need to stick to your offline games. No MMO is devoid of issues, and every single one ever launched that had a monthly fee suffered from these problems at their start.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-31-2010, 12:31 AM
It must anger me? I paid for a lifetime subscription. I have all the time in the world to play. Why should I be anything more than mildly irritated because the servers are unstable for the first day or so?
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-31-2010, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SULUFAN View Post
................ must anger you, to see you spent money on a product that is no different than Open Beta, and shows a serious lack of COMMUNICATION from developers ,with random "server downtimes" with no warning or explanations. Suck'a!
On the contrary, I am very satisfied with the game. Lifetime subscription gives access to various nice goodies:

1) Possibility to play the game when I like, without having to wonder about montly fees every time
2) Liberated Borg. He is a cool guy to play
3) Possibility to read a lot of messages that amuse me, made by trolls like yourself and to say to the OP:

Exit this way-------------------------->

Lt. Commander
# 34
01-31-2010, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SULUFAN View Post
................ must anger you, to see you spent money on a product that is no different than Open Beta, and shows a serious lack of COMMUNICATION from developers ,with random "server downtimes" with no warning or explanations. Suck'a!
I'd say most Lifetimers know exactly what to expect, and this is nothing odd for a new MMO. It is fascinating how short-sighted everyone is who appears to care for the Lifetimers. They imagine that we should judge the game for its lifetime at the very start, rather than judge the game for what it will be once it's stable. In the long run, nobody will even remember the standard MMO rocky start. In the long run, the game will mature and the short-sighted players will start whining about raid difficulties instead of server stability. I might also add that, in the long run, I won't have monthly fees!

Angry? Nah. I'm waiting for my Joined Trill and am missing the mad launch rush, anyway!
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-31-2010, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcloughy11 View Post
Open beta was 3 days ago, stfu.
Ummm... welcome to the real open beta.. this game is as polished as a turd.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-31-2010, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage_Case
On the contrary, I am very satisfied with the game. Lifetime subscription gives access to various nice goodies:

1) Possibility to play the game when I like, without having to wonder about montly fees every time
2) Liberated Borg. He is a cool guy to play
3) Possibility to read a lot of messages that amuse me, made by trolls like yourself and to say to the OP:

Exit this way-------------------------->

I'll sell you a lighthouse in Kentucky.

<------ enter here
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-31-2010, 02:02 AM
Things have been going pretty good for me. Still a bit lost, but having fun. No real problems I couldn't solve, other than a bit of downtime. But that's to be expected, so I went and did something else.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-31-2010, 02:04 AM
I laugh at all lifetime subs because in less than 2 years they will not be able to play the game any longer.

In fact as of December 21, 2012 the servers will be off line.
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-31-2010, 02:12 AM
Yes, the outages are frustrating. Yes, I sometimes wonder if I made the right choice in buying the lifetime subscription.

I hope the game will last for 16 months so I can at least break even on my entertainment investment.

What frustrates me more, however, is that not a single developer post made about the issue today and yesterday has included information about WHY it's continuing to happen, even after they've added new hardware to the "shard."

That said, I happen to enjoy STO for those very few hours that it is available to play when I'm not at work or sleeping. Hopefully these outages don't continue into the middle of February.
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-31-2010, 02:13 AM
Must be nice to have that crystal ball eh tim?