Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
If they're going to have the server down this long, you'd figure they'd know how long it will take to fix. I'm a developer myself, and I would expect that they've diagnosed the problem, and know how long it's going to be down.... A little info would be nice, as well as the Head Star playing time itself.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 03:30 PM
This stuff happens, you preordered to have access to the game before launch; we got access. Unfortuanately the amount of time isn't set in stone, as the devs need this time to correct major erroers before the game launches. It stinks, but that's just how it is. I don't think they would bring down the servers unless it was something major.

Look at the bright side, but now than when the game launches and we've actually paid for the game. Hang in there.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 03:36 PM
It does suck about the lack of communication, I can handle the downtime if they said what the problem was, or give a rough update for when it might be fixed, even if they came on and said, hey, we dont know, but ill check back in with you in 45min.

But Huud, we preordered the game to get the headstart of FULL GAME, all major errors should of been resolved in open and closed beta, headstart is the full game...this is the same game as what we will see on the 2nd. You make it seem like this is almost acceptable.

Anyway, here is to hopefully a quick return of the servers and a good night of playing.....good luck everyone
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 03:36 PM
Still, an ETA on the fix would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antikythera View Post
It does suck about the lack of communication, I can handle the downtime if they said what the problem was, or give a rough update for when it might be fixed, even if they came on and said, hey, we dont know, but ill check back in with you in 45min.

But Huud, we preordered the game to get the headstart of FULL GAME, all major errors should of been resolved in open and closed beta, headstart is the full game...this is the same game as what we will see on the 2nd. You make it seem like this is almost acceptable.

Anyway, here is to hopefully a quick return of the servers and a good night of playing.....good luck everyone
Agreed! the major bugs should've been taken care of by now!
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 03:42 PM
Just came to troll a bit and make some comments about Cryptic changing their name to Mute. But the server is up! Huzza!
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 03:43 PM
Good news: Server is back up
Bad news: #429 in login queue, and I am moving up about 1 slot per minute...
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 03:49 PM
It's always interesting to me when someone says they're a "developer" when they complain. Unless they're privy to the specifics of Cryptic's inner-workings, that qualification means very little.
Lt. Commander
# 9 Really?
01-30-2010, 03:51 PM
If the servers are back up what am I doing posting this...*POOF!*
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyr
If they're going to have the server down this long, you'd figure they'd know how long it will take to fix. I'm a developer myself, and I would expect that they've diagnosed the problem, and know how long it's going to be down.... A little info would be nice, as well as the Head Star playing time itself.

I am an astronaut; and I think that the space combat is all wrong.....See what I did there?