Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
01-31-2010, 01:25 AM
Wow

I am so glad the op was here to enlighten me...... I truely see the light, why we must light our torches and smash the gates at cryptic....By God we should drag them thru the streets to the top of the hill, where we will tie them all to a stake and ........


Just saying.....some people should really think about the narritives they start to see how idiodic it can get
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
01-31-2010, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordiaky View Post
I am saying this in general not just about the server's I am talking about the bugs, the I am not getting my joined trill now but lifer's get their Borg already? things like that.. and you get the hardcore people who says, hey stop complaining its not Feb 2 yet so why should they listen to you blah blah blah blah
You are not getting your Joined Trill now because you have not entered your retail code yet. Do you have your retail code (not your headstart one)? Until you enter that code you will not get a Trill. The retailer you purchased the game from (not Cryptic) has that code at this time.

Lifetimers get their Borg because that promotion is tied to the subscription and not the retail "box" game. Because Cryptic sells the subscription directly (and not through a 3rd party retailer) they can provide the code right away.

I hope that clears things up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
01-31-2010, 01:32 AM
Are you forgetting what this is?

This is STAR TREK ONLINE just about the nerdliest nerdy thing a nerd could ever nerd out of this nerdhole... you are going to get TONS of immature negative antisocial behavior for no reason and it's going to be constant and unending.

How Cryptic deals with nerdular nerdance is going to be the fate of their PR.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
01-31-2010, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchback
Or stamp your feet like a discontent little spoiled sissy who has the patience of an ADHD-ridden four year old who hasn't had his medication.
Lights are on but nobody is home. Did you read anything or do you just repeat what your teacher says?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
01-31-2010, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotton View Post
Wow


Just saying.....some people should really think about the narritives they start to see how idiodic it can get
You first.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
01-31-2010, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
You are not getting your Joined Trill now because you have not entered your retail code yet. Do you have your retail code (not your headstart one)? Until you enter that code you will not get a Trill. The retailer you purchased the game from (not Cryptic) has that code at this time.

Lifetimers get their Borg because that promotion is tied to the subscription and not the retail "box" game. Because Cryptic sells the subscription directly (and not through a 3rd party retailer) they can provide the code right away.

I hope that clears things up.
I understand that but still does not make it right, and still people are up set and still misleading to the whole headstart if you can't play the joined trill at headstart and have to start over. so yes complain about it your aloud and their is nothing wrong with it.

I for one is upset over the joined trill, wish i could start playing at headstart with my main character but nope I am treated like I just purchased the game on feb 2 and I will have to yet again start all over and be behind all the folks who are playing their main. so yeah I have every right to be upset. with everyone else.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
01-31-2010, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotton View Post
Wow

I am so glad the op was here to enlighten me...... I truely see the light, why we must light our torches and smash the gates at cryptic....By God we should drag them thru the streets to the top of the hill, where we will tie them all to a stake and ........


Just saying.....some people should really think about the narritives they start to see how idiodic it can get
It typically takes a dramatic narrative to get a point across. I think everyone involved understands that a game is not on the same level as things like child abuse, ****, genocide, or any of those wonderful things that actually would warrant dragging someone into the street and murdering them.
People have invested a lot of time and energy into this however, and as such they have a personal interest in it's success.
It comes down to the argument of "wait and see" or "act now". Passive vs. Active.
In all honestly, Active is typically the way to go, as it puts one in control of the situation. Conversely, a more passive approach allows the situation to control you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
01-31-2010, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaedalEVE View Post
I think you just pinpointed the precise issue. "This is normal".
Why is it normal?
Why is it that we as consumers have come to expect shoddy workmanship, and unfinished products?
Why is it that those who recognize this, and try to do something about it, end up being chastised for it?
What is so wrong with expecting something to be finished and polished?
Do you enjoy buying things that fall apart, are missing pieces, or are unusable?

The "bottom line" is that a lot of us are simply fed up with the decline in the status quo. We are sick of seeing this same thing happen over and over again. This game, as well as many products and services these days, are not living up to their potential... and people are getting sick of it. We are also getting sick of all the consumer complacency that has allowed this to happen in the first place.

Before you start preaching from your ivory tower about how things are the way they are, and nothing can be done about it, and telling those of us who have issues with how things are being done that we are stupid or need to shut up... I'd like to remind you that a couple hundred years ago there were a group of people who got fed up with the crap they had to deal with... so they had themselves a revolution.

People have forgotten that being an idealist is not wrong. Hell, wanting to improve yourself and the world around you is the founding principle of the star trek universe. And here you are, playing an MMO based on that franchise, and you have the gall to look down on those who expect better? Shame on you.
All you fanboys and defenders read the above!!!

The price of the game and the monthly fee is just the same as it is for Blizzards WoW, you should expect no less. Otherwise STO should go f2p.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
01-31-2010, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaedalEVE View Post
It typically takes a dramatic narrative to get a point across. I think everyone involved understands that a game is not on the same level as things like child abuse, ****, genocide, or any of those wonderful things that actually would warrant dragging someone into the street and murdering them.
People have invested a lot of time and energy into this however, and as such they have a personal interest in it's success.
It comes down to the argument of "wait and see" or "act now". Passive vs. Active.
In all honestly, Active is typically the way to go, as it puts one in control of the situation. Conversely, a more passive approach allows the situation to control you.
LOL you are full of wisdom and Great advise. I am glad that I have some one like you on my side of thinking. You just put them in a much better perspective then I can
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
01-31-2010, 01:50 AM
I'm also going to post a similar comment on another pertinent thread, in the hopes that Cryptic will actually see it, but I'll say something here too.

I wouldn't care if the server was down for six hours undergoing an emergency hardware refit. I just wanna be TOLD, not attempt to login and have to spend thirty to forty-five minutes trying to hunt down something that indicates it's not just ME that can't login for one reason or another.

"Dear Customer,

We're aware of the difficulties loging in and are working to correct the issue as soon as possible."

A message like that on the login client window would chill a LOT of people, I think. It was being done during the beta, why not yesterday or today?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:34 AM.