Lt. Commander
# 41
04-17-2011, 03:35 PM
Well it IS possible to create a "1st person view" right now. But it has the disadvantage that you'd have to turn in on a litle complicatet every time you load a new map and that you cant turn it off once its active (or at last I dont know how to.
I personaly use it just on ground, in space its... well not that great.
Well if anyone wants to try it anyway; is prety easy.

1st: programm the command via console. You have to chose one not-yet assigned button, in my exampe the "b". then simply add /bind b "cam_distance_interp_speed 0" (you have to programm that for space and ground each, and for every character, of course just once)
On ground you have to turn of "use zoom cam with aim mode", because that breaks the 1st person view every time you start aim mode. It is the function above the "auto fire" in "Controls"
2nd: back a wall (on ground) or asteroid (in space) so the camera is insede the char = 1st person persepctive,
3rd press "b" or what button you ever choose.

Have fun.

Oh and: Id prefer a simply "zoom in" function too. Until then I'll use the 1st person mode that way. ..
Lt. Commander
# 42
04-17-2011, 04:30 PM
Lt. Commander
# 43
05-14-2011, 08:37 PM
Putting my 2 cents in from one that likes to emerse myself in realism in mmorg's, YES, I agree on the main point of this thread, must have first person, please
Lt. Commander
# 44
05-15-2011, 01:23 AM
1st-person view would be cool, but I'd love an option to be able to switch between 1st and 3rd-person view....just so we've got a choice [and those who don't like 1st-person view aren't stuck with it].
Lt. Commander
# 45
11-17-2011, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOSLover
1st-person view would be cool, but I'd love an option to be able to switch between 1st and 3rd-person view....just so we've got a choice [and those who don't like 1st-person view aren't stuck with it].
Well of course you wouldn't be stuck with it. I've actually NEVER encountered a game before now where you can't scroll the mouse wheel in and out of first person view. I don't use first person to actually fight, but I DO use it to look around and at stuff that I want to see more closely. I was baffled when I tried to zoom in and then my camera sort of glitched and stopped beside me instead of moving all the way in. I assumed it was a bug.
Lt. Commander
# 46 in my Opinion
04-27-2012, 01:07 PM
I also would love to see the ability to go first person. it makes the player feel like at least they have a choice to feel like they cam become more their character. not to mention better screenshots. I have no idea what the "dog fight" thing the last gentleman referred to is but I hear this from everyone of my friends who plays, and the forms are screaming it, so STO, please. give is 1st person POV. I don't think it distracts from normal play, and those who like 3rd person can set their cam. I like to play 1st person in almost any online game I play unless I'm fighting mobs. I like the feel and the feeling of virtual reality. really brings the game to life for me.

Thanks for reading

Andwyn
Lt. Commander
# 47
05-02-2012, 08:50 AM
i remember a patch adding "fps mode" in something, i remember trying it when the romulan special missions were being added, but i found it wasnt quite as i wanted to play, so i stopped using it

was going to try again recently, but now i cant find the keybinding to switch to that mode? am i blind, or was it bugged like i suspected, and they removed it because they failed to fix it?

i know i didnt dream it up, the memory is too clear, and not full of the random *beeeep* my dreams always have
Ensign
# 48
09-23-2014, 06:18 AM
I absolutely 100% couldn't agree more. I patched in for the first time yesterday. So disappointed at the aspect, losing interest rapidly, bring back Elite
Ensign
# 49
10-05-2014, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post

Ok that's kind of sweet.

If only the game mechanics make more sense for shooter mode... it's actually a big disadvantage when attempting to use kit powers (especially on a target other than the one you are shooting at).

You also look kind of stupid when you whiff on the targeting, which of course is not even possible in RPG mode.
Career Officer
# 50
10-07-2014, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacemakerthor View Post
I absolutely 100% couldn't agree more. I patched in for the first time yesterday. So disappointed at the aspect, losing interest rapidly, bring back Elite
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcluvin2 View Post
Ok that's kind of sweet.

If only the game mechanics make more sense for shooter mode... it's actually a big disadvantage when attempting to use kit powers (especially on a target other than the one you are shooting at).

You also look kind of stupid when you whiff on the targeting, which of course is not even possible in RPG mode.
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/.../necropost.jpg
*I compel thee to go back to wenst thou cometh from*

Seriously if a thread is older than 30 days please don't necro it, start a new thread on the topic. *waits for lock*
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.

Last edited by th3xr34p3r; 10-07-2014 at 02:00 AM.