Lt. Commander
I don't see how it is so hard that a dev or GM or even the board mod tell us how long the server is going to be down when it crashes. Not that the last game I beta tested (****) didn't have server crashes in the head start it did..

Anyways let us know how long the server will be down when it crashes.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 12:21 AM
Not sure if you were looking for a reply, but thought I would post.

Simple answer, they may not know themselves. When any server crashes, they have to actually find what went wrong. I'm not a programmer or an IT person, but from what my IT friends tell me, when any type of server goes down, it may be something mechanical or something in the programming. Once they find the problem, it is at that point where they MAY be able to estimate a time. If it's a simple problem to fix, they may not feel it necessary to announce if it'll take like less than 30 minutes to fix, but took like 3 hours to find the problem.

I do agree though they should at least tell us what the problem is, unless they can't because all companies do have hardware, manufacturing, etc. secrets.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 12:24 AM
I bumped another thread just like this ..scrolled off the page
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 12:26 AM
yea that would be nice was on when it crashed so give us a heads up eta so i know if i should call it a night or not guys please
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 12:29 AM
Soon to come to the Cryptic hiring page:
Server status checker.
Your job is to check the server status every thirty minutes and come up with an excuse as to why it is down yet again. Do you like long hours, getting flamed by angry customers and the satisfaction you get whenever our hamsters bite the dust? Then apply today!