Lt. Commander
When are we going to get a more detailed "SHIPS" section on this website? As it is it only shows the Federation side of things and gives absolutely no details on any of the ships.

Its a little disheartening as this, of all the fixes being done over the past weeks, is an easy one. HTML isn't exactly the most difficult computer language being used to give us a good STO experience.

Can we get a "SHIPS" section that actually gives us full detail about the ships in the game from both a Federation and Klingon side?

And speaking of Klingon ships, any reason we can't get the Orion or Gorn ships as a Klingon Faction Captain? I would imagine that since the stats for Klingon Tier "X" ship are already in the game it would be a matter of applying the appropriate skin to those stats.

It would add a little bit more variety to the Klingon side.

Anyway, the game is cool so far Dev-peeps but I'd still like to see the whole "Genesis Engine" thing you guys were talking about. And please don't tell me that the Exploration missions for Grall are what that is. That would be disappointing.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 12:09 AM
I found that this afternoon, when the server crashed for the first time earlier on. I agree that needs a lot of work.
Lt. Commander
# 3
It gave details on... two of the ships, last I checked. I think one of the Devs said three more ships should be coming up in the next couple weeks.

On the Genesis system, that's a developer tool, IIRC. Used to help them quickly add systems for things like the exploration missions.
Lt. Commander
# 4
Are you kidding? The server has been crashing and it's out of beta... I think all hands are on deck, ya know? Trying to solve some of the more important issues. Then the website will be updated. For now, check out Ten Ton Hammer's STO section. They have comprehensive coverage of all the ships, klingon or federation.

Here's a link http://www.tentonhammer.com/sto
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashuu View Post
Are you kidding? The server has been crashing and it's out of beta... I think all hands are on deck, ya know? Trying to solve some of the more important issues. Then the website will be updated. For now, check out Ten Ton Hammer's STO section. They have comprehensive coverage of all the ships, klingon or federation.

Here's a link http://www.tentonhammer.com/sto
You know, when the server goes down it's not everyone's job to fix it. I can just see the Cryptic tea lady screaming "OH GOD, THE SERVER IS DOWN, QUICKLY, I MUST GET TO THE SERVER ROOM!" :p

I'm sure one of the web devs could take a couple of hours out of their afternoon to upload more ship pages.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 12:18 AM
OK, as a general rule:

No whining about "server crash" in threads not remotely posted about that. I specifically brought up this topic because I'm tired of reading posts by Trekkies who are not gamers who don't realize that headstart is still a Beta Process. If that wasn't the case the game would already have launched.

Suck it up and drive on. Be happy we get a couple of extra game sessions to boost our toons before the masses.

That being said, if there are massive server outages after the 2nd, I will whole heartedly endorse the whining. Until then, fermez la bouche, s'il vous plait.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 12:19 AM
OP - Check over in the Academy area of the forums for a posting by Suricata. He has an EXCELLENT chart of the ships and basic numbers. Mind you, it's just the side outline plan of the ships, but it will help you in choosing a path for your character.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyryck
OP - Check over in the Academy area of the forums for a posting by Suricata. He has an EXCELLENT chart of the ships and basic numbers. Mind you, it's just the side outline plan of the ships, but it will help you in choosing a path for your character.
Thank You!!

You, sir, are awesome!
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GavrielBlack View Post
You know, when the server goes down it's not everyone's job to fix it. I can just see the Cryptic tea lady screaming "OH GOD, THE SERVER IS DOWN, QUICKLY, I MUST GET TO THE SERVER ROOM!" :p

I'm sure one of the web devs could take a couple of hours out of their afternoon to upload more ship pages.
Tea lady? You think Cryptic has a tea lady? Seriously, servers are complicated things. What brings one down isn't a loose plug, a short, or a simple restart issue. At least not when it lasts this long. All of the staff they have in the office right now (at 12:17AM PST) are working on the server issue.

The person in charge of updating the website is likely they same person in charge of managing the bug reports/mission dialog/update notes. They have likely yet to write something the devs approve of for the website. It's not a top priority for them, so they'll get back to it in time.

You should consider how small of an operation Cryptic is. There's still a large portion of that office dedicated to Champions Online.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GavrielBlack View Post

You didn't see the old mexican lady babbling in espanol as she ran through the door labelled "SERVER" this morning?