Lt. Commander
This is ridiculous. What are you thinking Cryptic?

Why would anyone in their right mind pay a subscription fee to get "You are not allowed to log into this server at this time" or whatever ridiculous message you put up when your servers can't handle the load? There should never be a time when a paid subscriber cannot log in. It's simply not acceptable. PERIOD!!!

I have stated this way too many times, to be honest. Put in a login queue. Your cheap ass under powered server farm can't handle people logging in more than one at a time, so queue up logins so your tiny little server farm doesn't have to deal with repeated login requests from those of us who want to log in.

It will greatly reduce the load on the servers to put in a queue, and us players won't have to constantly hit Login over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again trying to get in.

This is NOT any kind of BETA now, so get your act together.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 12:19 AM
Actually technically you haven't paid for anything other than the right to use their software at this stage. check the fine print of any EULA on any game out there. You get 30 days free with the cost of the purchase, and this early start weekend is free and doesn't even count towards the p2p aspect of this game, which begins with the official launch on the 2nd....
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eedrah View Post
Actually technically you haven't paid for anything other than the right to use their software at this stage. check the fine print of any EULA on any game out there. You get 30 days free with the cost of the purchase, and this early start weekend is free and doesn't even count towards the p2p aspect of this game, which begins with the official launch on the 2nd....
YOU ARE A MORON!!! LOL!!! Oh, I really meant to say FANBOI. Sorry, ROFL.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naxa007
YOU ARE A MORON!!! LOL!!!
LOL!!!!!!

Wait..what's funny?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naxa007
......Why would anyone in their right mind pay a subscription fee to get "You are not allowed to log into this server at this time" or whatever ridiculous message you put up when your servers can't handle the load?.........

you did.

Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 12:23 AM
This is your first MMO launch, I take it? They go like this. Most of the issues will be worked out soon. Patience is a virtue.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 12:24 AM
As i will quote my friend and i compleatly agree with him I am so tired of you sheep, you are getting awful service for your money and you won't even realize it.
Beta was long and the devs had years(yeah literally) to prepare for this day and i still find bugs everywhere, people get disconnected and there is a several hour long unscheduled maintenance going on right now.

Why are you defending this bull****?
Alot of people played the beta and i will agree that during the beta these things are going to happen but this happening after the release is stupid.

I love this game and i love star trek even more but you cryptic fundamentalists are retarded, instead of trying to push cryptic into doing their jobs(at all/better/faster) you give them just another reason to continue their slacking.

The fact that employee X doesn't do anything at work doesn't mean that employee Y not doing anything is a good employee, it means that both are awful and need to get fired/no paychecks at the end of the month.

TLDR: people defending cryptic by using the argument that other mmos being just as bad are counterproductive ****** that need to get out of this forum.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 12:26 AM
They tested a login que a few days ago....
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aris
This is your first MMO launch, I take it? They go like this. Most of the issues will be worked out soon. Patience is a virtue.
I have been playing MMORPGs since, well, forever. This is not an acceptable headstart by any stretch of the imagination, and only a true fanboi would try to defend Cryptic in this case.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 12:30 AM
Oh! I am wounded! Whatever shall I do?

Seriously, if you've been playing MMOs "since, well, forever", you'd come to expect this by now. EverQuest II crashed for over half a week. At Christmas. This is nothing comparatively.