Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
01-31-2010, 11:21 AM
Seriously? Have damage reduced because you're getting shot at by to many people? How about, I dont know, try something diffrent then parking your BoP with its paper armor in front of the Feds. I dont know maybe use Emergency Power to Engines + Emergency Manuevers to shoot and scoot. You dont have to stick around to see the Fed blow up, if your team of 5 all did that against 1 target, its dead you all are alive.

It's pretty simple hit dps cooldowns, break stealth at 5k, shoot everything, then pop your speed cooldowns. You are a target for all of 3-5 sec. Wait for cool downs to reset then repeat.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
01-31-2010, 11:22 AM
You know, some point soon the feds are gonna learn to take 5 cruisers and spider tank. Probably before release. And then we'll have an influx of new klingons and they'll be moaning feds are the OP ones.

And the only thing that needs to happen for that 180 is for you guys to research skills and BO abilities alittle.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
01-31-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedrin
Space PVP is turining out to be a bit shallow with the ball of ships and focus fire instagib, so i'm proposing the devs make a slight change to the way shielding works.

Energy weapons would do reduced damage based on the amount of ships that are firing at you.
A reduction that would cause a significant drop in damage from say 3rd of 4th player targeting the same ship to zero or near zero.
Non Energy weapons would be unchanged, so torpedoes, mines etc would not be affected in any way.

This i think would make space combat a LOT more dynamic, and would create a tactical and strategic space battles that would encourage teamwork and coordination.

Fire away
do you even know Star Trek ? usually ships where knocked out within seconds in any battle.

Focus fire is how you kill stuff. played any other MMO ever ??

or to say played any other game ever ?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
01-31-2010, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muawijhe
Seriously? Have damage reduced because you're getting shot at by to many people? How about, I dont know, try something diffrent then parking your BoP with its paper armor in front of the Feds. I dont know maybe use Emergency Power to Engines + Emergency Manuevers to shoot and scoot. You dont have to stick around to see the Fed blow up, if your team of 5 all did that against 1 target, its dead you all are alive.

It's pretty simple hit dps cooldowns, break stealth at 5k, shoot everything, then pop your speed cooldowns. You are a target for all of 3-5 sec. Wait for cool downs to reset then repeat.
I'm speaking from open beta experience. By the end of Tier 3, the DPS on my Klingon team were averaging 300k each for a 15 kill match. We got to the point where we didn't care if we were picking escorts, science vessels, or cruisers. They all melted like butter in seconds.

Sure, in T2 and in the early T3 game we still went after escorts first, but damage ramps up considerably and soon the battlefield will drastically change. So yes, I think damage scales up too high when cruisers can only last about 6 seconds even with extend shields 2, engineering team 2, unless they use RSP.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
01-31-2010, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweXShadow
do you even know Star Trek ? usually ships where knocked out within seconds in any battle.

Focus fire is how you kill stuff. played any other MMO ever ??

or to say played any other game ever ?
I would agree if we were in space and this wasnt a game, a game that is supposed to be fun. What is the point of playing anything if it gets insta ganked over and over.

Ever been spawn camped? Thats what playing an escort is like now
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
01-31-2010, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortechs View Post
I'm speaking from open beta experience. By the end of Tier 3, the DPS on my Klingon team were averaging 300k each for a 15 kill match. We got to the point where we didn't care if we were picking escorts, science vessels, or cruisers. They all melted like butter in seconds.

Sure, in T2 and in the early T3 game we still went after escorts first, but damage ramps up considerably and soon the battlefield will drastically change. So yes, I think damage scales up too high when cruisers can only last about 6 seconds even with extend shields 2, engineering team 2, unless they use RSP.
MES leveled the field for escorts in T3 and up, yes once you dropped it you were a target but the point was you were able to drop it when you chose to now be seen 18km or better away.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
01-31-2010, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyx
MES leveled the field for escorts in T3 and up, yes once you dropped it you were a target but the point was you were able to drop it when you chose to now be seen 18km or better away.
Yes, it was the norm for the cruisers to be sitting out there "all by themselves", and for the klings to send in the K't'ingas first.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
01-31-2010, 01:43 PM
I made it to T4 in beta, and one thing you'll learn is that as more BO's are being used in higher tier ships, the less effective alpha strikes actually are. There are ways to counter alpha strikes, and they become more robust as the game progresses. If they did what you suggested, it would be literally impossible to take down a Galaxy in T4.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
01-31-2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortechs View Post
I'm speaking from open beta experience. By the end of Tier 3, the DPS on my Klingon team were averaging 300k each for a 15 kill match. We got to the point where we didn't care if we were picking escorts, science vessels, or cruisers. They all melted like butter in seconds.

Sure, in T2 and in the early T3 game we still went after escorts first, but damage ramps up considerably and soon the battlefield will drastically change. So yes, I think damage scales up too high when cruisers can only last about 6 seconds even with extend shields 2, engineering team 2, unless they use RSP.
Yes, I was in the Tier 4 area and made Tier 5. But, no one to fight in that one.. I was fllying a Tier 4 BOP and I was kicking out over 300K damage a game. Get this, I was not the one with all the kills. The Raptors had alot more damage then I. The same for the Federation side..

With the proper Skills, You can withstand HUGE amounts of punishment from several ships at once..

The Battles are Intense in the later Tiers..

Just wait and see
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
01-31-2010, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugstum
I think when you use the phrase ALPHA strike you might be using it wrong. ALPHA strike normally means one toon/vessel/ what not, using spike damage to destroy a target. Your talking about decloaking or wandering in to a ball of feds and getting primarily and then QQing when you pop in 5 secs.

This whole area is full of crap. No one even has played around with different eq, bo skills, ships, or really seen how the T2 - T5 areas are playing. I've been playing PvP Klingon and DONT HAVE THIS PROBLEM. I suggest rethinking you actions. If you want a game where you get to cruise in and blow everything up play borderlands.

thank you.
You might be correct ... what i mean by Alpha strike is the initial spike / burst DPS directed at a ship imedietly coming out of cloak/MES or in range of an unoccupied ball of ships, be it klingon or fed.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:40 AM.