Lieutenant
# 11 don't mean to spoil your idea
11-21-2013, 09:40 AM
I don't post often and when I do, it is a lot so I apologize ahead of time for the eye strain.

I don't mean to spill milk in your idea and fry the circuits, however it has to be said. To do the very thing you say, they could easily create a new slot that counts nothing toward number of consoles or consumable and name it something simple like "Universal Upgrade Slots" and give them the SAME number to ALL ships, regardless of tiers and whatnot. After all, this is set in a wartime and it makes Zero sense in a war to have all your stuff, even down to a portable personal unit to be made to help aid that effect. Saying that, it could be easily done by adding a slotting thing to our Kits for classes as well, such as a universal magnetic recharger for batteries... that reduces cooldown by a percentage flat and does not get affected by reduction doffs.

This would enhance gameplay, as well as make sense on the elite suits and Max level kits purchased from fleet stores. It would make having a fleet the point to get those items to equip and customize onboard. They could make it auto unlockable for LTS and graded upgrade for Gold and silvers.. thereby reducing the broken arrow fighting in pvp. They could implement upgrades for silvers to get a similar item to upgrade their stuff that would come close to the powers the Golds have, but not let the golds stack to overkill. Balancing PVP is a major topic and consumables help with balance. The need to restock is something EVERY CANON CAPTAIN had to deal with. It would NOT be trek if you didn't need to resupply. a workaround would be to give a charge of energy to the replicators for specifically batteries to auto generate on use, until stores are down and need to be restored. It would increase game play, roleplay and pvp actions to have to search for supplies to refit stores with the stuff needed JUST LIKE VOYAGER DID!

As for the complaints in it, offer the devs suggestions to EASE the issue in game play such as a simple mission daily to regroup stores that give dilithium and this store of energy, that way all can benefit and it take care of the concerns of players and helps to simply add console ability. To make universal slots only equip in this "device" location designated for only universals would reduce exploiting and balance power gamers. It could also not be modded since it would be added to the mechanics of every ship based on warp core power and the capacitor ability, just like voyagers stores in replicators for the antimatter energy on the ship. To upgrade and customize is the essence of what Customizing means. To make it so LTS doesn't have to work toward this is a valid benefit. This also ensures the devs have a job, zen purchases flow, and systems say stable. This is a win win, however it wont be easy to let customizing change that much. it would make business sense, but do the customers even want this? Perhaps a poll and test would be in order in Tribble.

*Smile* Now, if you want to expound on my thoughts to give suggestions on things, go ahead. these responses are listened to more than the flames of sparked rage. I, personally would like to see a projectile modulator that sequences your torpedo to add similar damage to your energy you use for cannons and beams. This would balance torpedo negs and proc loss. Anyone else think they would love to see a disrupted plasma torpedo, or tetryoned photon intended to breech shields. That would make sense in a war against foes like Voth or others and the allied forces would create it to null threats other than each other. Just a suggestion. it doesn't make everyone happy, yet it gives many an ability to enhance the gameplay and fix mechanics that are being complained of. The need for consumables to be redone is in essence what makes you explore your environment and keeps this from being a redo of frackin' Duke Nukem.

Thank you, but I would like to explore and learn of species to see thieir abilities and get new tech, rather than just grind daily and kill everything for some point scaled bonus. *sigh* A captain didn't land and kill everything, they found out if they were hostile first... THEN killed everything. I feel it should be the same in here. *smile* Even in hostile situations, resolutions could be found.
Lieutenant
# 12
11-23-2013, 10:19 PM
Here's a simple request that would both act as a stopgap fix and bring us something we would like to have, rechargeable batteries. Bring a 4-Pack of space batteries and 3-pack of ground devices to the Z-Store. 1000 Zen for a space or ground pack, 1500 Zen for both. Make it's inventory properties work the same way the Red Matter does where you can claim as many as you want on a toon but they're bound to character. This way people can outfit all the ships they want on each toon. I would buy it in a heartbeat.
RHINO | SAD PANDAS
Career Officer
# 13
11-24-2013, 01:55 PM
Well, how about they just fix the tray first?! We'll worry about new ideas later.
Captain
# 14
11-24-2013, 03:02 PM
^that, so that. Ground is annoying when your hypos disappear.
------
It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
This is the last thing I will post.
Career Officer
# 15
11-24-2013, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpharma View Post
^that, so that. Ground is annoying when your hypos disappear.
Hah! Space is worse when you are losing 30% of your DMG because your battery disappears.
You know Cryptic has Jumped the Proverbial Shark when they introduced Tractor Pulling to Star Trek Online!
Captain
# 16
11-24-2013, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstamo01 View Post
Hah! Space is worse when you are losing 30% of your DMG because your battery disappears.
If a battery makes up 30% of your total damage, you are doing something wrong. Which is worse, losing a +75 power boost, or losing one (if not all) of your ground healing abilities? Hypos are much more vital to ground than batteries are for players in space.
Career Officer
# 17
11-24-2013, 08:50 PM
/facepalm

It's called 3 Battery Buff Doffs boss. Each gives a 10% boost to your DMG for the amount of time that your battery lasts. In my case, over 20 seconds.

So yeah, it is a big deal and you clearly are the one doing something wrong if you are not even aware of it. Next time, try not to quote a post if you have no idea what they are talking about.

You know Cryptic has Jumped the Proverbial Shark when they introduced Tractor Pulling to Star Trek Online!

Last edited by gstamo01; 11-24-2013 at 08:52 PM.