Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread

Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Tips on Writing Bug Reports
11-20-2013, 01:02 AM
Hi Captains,

We'd like to thank each of you for taking the time to report bugs in this sub-forum. While we are typically not able to respond to each bug report individually, that does not mean they are not being read. We do this as frequently as possible

As we encourage players to let us know of any bugs they find, here are some helpful tips on how to report bugs to allow for more effective reproduction and triage:

First and foremost, please use the "Search this Forum" function (found above the "Announcements" section, to the right) in this subforum to see if your issue has already been reported. You can use the "Show Threads" and "Show Posts" radio buttons to search keywords. If you can't find an existing report, or would like to add to an existing report by replying to a thread, please read on!

Next and most importantly, please provide a clear summary of the bug in your thread's title; add as much detail as possible in your post about the bug, including repo steps (and screenshots if appropriate); and if relevant, include any Cryptic Error Handler report numbers.

Fictional Examples:
[Not so helpful report:]

Title: My weapon is broken!

Post Body: Please fix it!

[Very helpful report:]

Title: My Mk XVI Very Rare Phaser Beam Array will not fire in aft weapon slots

Post Body: When I equip my Mk XVI Very Rare Phaser Beam Array in an aft weapon slot, it can not be fired.

Reproduction steps:
1. I logged into my Federation character, Emelia
2. I am in Sol System Space
3. I moved the aforementioned array from my personal inventory to a rear weapon slot on my Fleet Avenger
4. I queued for and entered Starbase 24
5. When I was fighting enemies there, I could not fire the aforementioned array

Lastly, please be patient We hate bugs as much as you do, and work to prioritize and fix them as quickly as possible. Remember, after we read your report, an investigation needs to take place, a fix needs to be made, the fix needs to be tested internally, and then if it passes internal tests, it needs to be pushed to the test server and then to Holodeck. This can take time.

We sincerely appreciate your patience as we work to resolve game bugs, and thank you in advance for reporting any you come across.

Thanks for reading!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 11-20-2013 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Formatting
Closed Thread