Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 02:58 AM
When I brought my pre-order it was one of the benifits of getting a per-order, But I had to pay 39.00 quid to get that head start on steam, so why are you saying it's free? As I wouldn't have had headstart if I hadn't paid 39 quid. And as I've already stated, because of downtime and working I've had one hour of play.. Is that fair? Not forgetting the little idiot who came up with the idea of headstart but also made it that you couldn't get your bonus's till 2 feb, they were smart in making that decission. So I would say people who have pre-ordered have been let down big time. Isn't that a fair assessment?

And excuses have ranged from it's a beta to all mmo's do this at start and your a troll or a hater, these are all the sayings from supporters of sto. Shame you don't put as much effort into saying whats wrong with sto than slamming others for trying. Because from were I'm sat, your not being very constructive about sto yourselves. In fact if all the supporters would stop posting and let the people with problems post, the forum wouldn't be as bad. Because you are making complaints post 10 time worse than what they are.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-31-2010, 03:02 AM
You guys doing it wrong if you already paid for your preorder.
I didn't pay a single cent yet. (I'm going to though!)
Headstart is free.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-31-2010, 03:04 AM
Well I paid through paypal direct from my bank, so steam took 39 quid for the full game 2 weeks ago, so yes I paid already, so for me it's not free, it was included in the purchase. Which I wouldn't have got if I hadn't have paid. So no it's not free.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-31-2010, 03:06 AM
How many of you have actually READ OP's post. He did not talk about the headstart only. He said for downtime during FEBUARY. Don't say you guys will happily sit there and demand no reinbursment for unexpected downtime after Feb the 2nd!!

I can however understand that we wont get any for the actual headstart, but surely i would want it for when the game is out and have lot of downtime.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-31-2010, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codebreaker1963 View Post
Well I paid through paypal direct from my bank, so steam took 39 quid for the full game 2 weeks ago, so yes I paid already, so for me it's not free, it was included in the purchase. Which I wouldn't have got if I hadn't have paid. So no it's not free.
So you actually just paid for for Head Start? You know the price doesnt change at all after that right? I got this off steam also and I paid for the game its self Head start is just a some thing you get if you pre order... A small bonus nothing more... You cant tell me you specifically paid the 60 USD just for head start thats just absurd...
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-31-2010, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allmight View Post
How many of you have actually READ OP's post. He did not talk about the headstart only. He said for downtime during FEBUARY. Don't say you guys will happily sit there and demand no reinbursment for unexpected downtime after Feb the 2nd!!

I can however understand that we wont get any for the actual headstart, but surely i would want it for when the game is out and have lot of downtime.
I agree, if its a lengthy down time as I stated in my post back a page. But people here are expecting to get an extra day of game time because of down time via the Headstart.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-31-2010, 03:13 AM
I'll make it a little clearer, people are saying headstart iis free, perhaps it is for some, but I had to pay for startrek online which is a pre-order through steam as thats what I use alot and have many games on. To get the benifit of open beta and headstart. Now theopen beta is finished headstart is meant to be the full retail version which will be released on 2 feb. And I paid my 39 quid which included head start, so yes I paid for that, as I wouldn't be doing head start if I hadn't have paid for the full game. But again as stated, I've manged 1 hour due to work and downtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Metal View Post
So you actually just paid for for Head Start? You know the price doesnt change at all after that right? I got this off steam also and I paid for the game its self Head start is just a some thing you get if you pre order... A small bonus nothing more... You cant tell me you specifically paid the 60 USD just for head start thats just absurd...
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-31-2010, 03:16 AM
Quote:
I agree, if its a lengthy down time as I stated in my post back a page. But people here are expecting to get an extra day of game time because of down time via the Headstart.
Yes, and i would want reinbursment for the headstart as well since it IS one of the reasons i did preoder the game ( it was one of the SELLING arguments that got me hooked ), hence i consider it part of the deal.

I have participated in the headstart of many other MMO's, and they actually reinbursed us for excessive downtime during the headstart, so i think this is usually the norm.

However, i won't go on a rampage for it, since i can live with it if they don't reinburse us for it.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-31-2010, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allmight View Post
Don't say you guys will happily sit there and demand no reinbursment for unexpected downtime after Feb the 2nd!!
Oh but yes they will, and they will flame those who dare complain as well
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-31-2010, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Actually no... Head Start is free... You will still have to pay 60 bucks even after release; headstart is just a perk of pre-ordering same as Open Beta its just some thing they let you have for FREE the $60 for the Deluxe edition will still be $60 in the future...

Stop your damn crying.
Actually, no. Headstart is not free. My $59.95 was deducted from my balance on 1/13/10. It posted to my statement on 01/14/10. Because it's a digital purchase, I don't have the option of requesting a refund--not that I intend to. Similarly, my lifetime subscription has already cleared and I've been billed for it.

Secondly, I'm not the one crying. If you want to interpret me saying "Hey, if they want to throw in a perlk for the downtime, they may as well give lifetimers something they'll benefit from" as crying, go troll somewhere else.

Stop your damn trolling.