Lt. Commander
# 1 autofire crybabies
01-30-2010, 11:20 PM
This topic is all I heard today in general chat. All these people wanting autofire. I mean how lazy can you get? Do you want to just push a single button and your ship do everything? How about an autoplay feature, that way you dont even have to touch the keyboard.

This game would be so much more boring with autofire. You want star trek to be more real but then you dont want to play like its real. Imagine if the TV show had Worf at Tactical and just a big red easy button on his console so he just presses it once and the ship keeps shooting the bad guys while nobody needs to go repair shields or any other damage as that one button does everything. That show wouldnt last long. Stop crying just because you guys suck at playing without the autofire feature. Learn to play without it, the game is more realistic that way.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 11:22 PM
i agree, I remember every battle Worf, smashing his keyboard when they were fighting, then he would get a cramp and say I cant fire the spacebar is jammed!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peil
This topic is all I heard today in general chat. All these people wanting autofire. I mean how lazy can you get? Do you want to just push a single button and your ship do everything? How about an autoplay feature, that way you dont even have to touch the keyboard.

This game would be so much more boring with autofire. You want star trek to be more real but then you dont want to play like its real. Imagine if the TV show had Worf at Tactical and just a big red easy button on his console so he just presses it once and the ship keeps shooting the bad guys while nobody needs to go repair shields or any other damage as that one button does everything. That show wouldnt last long. Stop crying just because you guys suck at playing without the autofire feature. Learn to play without it, the game is more realistic that way.
Soo.. I want you to remember this post you made.. come back to it once your in a Tier 3, 4, or 5 ship..

Then apologise for being an idiot.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 11:25 PM
Just make a macro on a G13
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 11:26 PM
Quote:

You're pretty ignorant to think that people with arthritis and other similar ailments do not play this game.

Do you have any idea how much pain it would be causing such people to press the same buttons over and over again?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 11:29 PM
The control key on my keyboard is already making worrysome creaking noises from being rapidly pressed so much.

Quote:
Imagine if the TV show had Worf at Tactical and just a big red easy button on his console so he just presses it once and the ship keeps shooting the bad guys while nobody needs to go repair shields or any other damage as that one button does everything. That show wouldnt last long.
In TNG most everything they fought was so advanced that their weapons had no effect. And the things they would have worked on, Picard wanted to negotiate with.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 11:29 PM
not to be mean, but if you left click on a front and on 1 rear wepon, they will auto fire.....just saying....works for me Um....yeah
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotton View Post
not to be mean, but if you left click on a front and on 1 rear wepon, they will auto fire.....just saying....works for me Um....yeah
Not to be mean, but try this on a ship with more than one front and rear weapon.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotton View Post
ok, now tell me how to fire 6-8 weapons with that.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 11:32 PM
Well... I'm not really at tactical mashing the buttons... I'm the captain of the ship. I give orders and my bridge officers carry them out.

Its like they expect me to be like:

"Worf, fire phasers!"
"Yes, Captain"
"Worf, fire phasers again!"
"Yes, Captain"
"Yes, Captain"
"Yes, Captain"
"Yes, Captain"
"Yes, Captain"
"Yes, Captain"
"Yes, Captain"

It is more than a little silly if you actually think about it...

It makes a little more sense in ground combat, but even there it still FEELS silly.... hundreds of years in the future and they forgot how to make fully automatic weapons.