Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindChicken View Post
I discovered that i only have this issue on Stations or planets! When iīm in Space everything is fine!

And to "tedgp123" ....thank you for your ideas......but you sound like a cryptic fanboy^^

Iīm really sure that our PSU is right....why should every other game run fine and only STO make this trouble?

I am playing the Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta atm too....and even there everything is fine on high details.

Hope ATI or Cryptic will fix it soon.

*greetz*

Cryptic fanboi... ok. If thats what you call people who troubleshoot problems.

Whenever there are computer issues, any tech support desk will tell you to go over your system and connection with a fine comb.

As for PSU issues, it was a suggestion. This game draws a lot more power due to it being more intense on your system than almost any other MMO out there.

Liek i said, any tech support person will ask you to go over each piece of equipement, roll back drivers, try different setups to see if it is your system at first. Only when they are satisfied it isnt, will they issue an internal notice to get engineers to check their end.

But hey, if you want to go on blaming cryptic without checking your system in detail and seeing if different drivers, setups help, go ahead. Cryptic wont do anything to help you, unless you help yourself first.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 09:01 AM
I don't exactly think that people are having trouble with their 1000W PSUs running simple dual card configurations.

I realize people have said they've messed around with Catalyst already, but just to make sure this specific point is covered, Catalyst AI can produce these issues with Crossfire configurations if it's set to advanced, so make sure it's off or set to basic (single card configurations are fine).

Of course, given that Vista X64 seems to be the common OS between people suffering from this problem, it also very likely that the issue simply lies there, in which case it falls on Cryptic and/or Ati to fix the issue.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 12:27 PM
Ive also been having this problem and have a post a few down about it.
Again im running 3x ATI 5770s on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

I installed Speedfan 4.0, .44V on the +12v side and there is no -12v, Hottest card running at 35 Degrees C

Im going to try to disable Crossfire to see if that fixes it. But after that I am out of options.

Making a fraps of the graphical error atm.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 01:29 PM
Fraps of Error: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EUtBIvrcGg

p.s you can hear the Hon horn in the background lol.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 02:26 PM
@tedgp123 I donīt wanna mess up with you, I just thought that the PSU-idea is very unusual.
But thank you for the help anyway.

I just installed the 10.1 drivers without CCC....I use Ati Tray Tools instead of it.

After this i could play the game without any issues, but i noticed that Crossfire was disabled this way!

After a reboot Crossfire was running....but if i can run the game!?...donīt know :/ There is a queue of 1500-2000 People atm -.-

I think i will try it tomorrow when the US/Canada people are sleeping!

You will hear from me after testing!
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 03:28 PM
Using 10.1 and disabling Crossfire did not change the graphical error.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 08:18 PM
Anyone know the cause or a Solution to this problem?

I have an open ticket about it but have yet to get a response. just opened it today though.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 09:16 PM
I have now tested ccc 9.6 with no luck from that.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 09:42 PM
Core i7 920
6gb RAM
ATI 4870x2 (2gb) Thats x2 on one card, not crossfire
Vista 64bit

No issues like that. I have some strange shadow problems that become very apparent in space and sometimes the screen kinda flickers when moving the camera around. But i think that is just because this games engine does not like ATI. Had similar issues with Champions.

I however do have a 1 kilowatt PSU. You may want to take the above posters advice and check your components and PSU wattage availability.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 10:49 PM
No problem here with HD5850 and HD4850.