Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 11:30 PM
For further testing, I removed my crossfire 4870's and used the secondary one as the main. I did not even put the other card in. Problem is still there, so I can safely rule out Power Supply and Crossfire.

When is the head start over? I think I made it to the medical bay... oh well, hopefully this is resolved soon.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-01-2010, 01:35 AM
I solved the Problem....at least for me!

First I used the Programm "Driver sweeper" to uninstall all ati drivers. I needed to uninstall Catalyst Control Center seperately but be sure you remove it!
Then i downloaded the 10.1 drivers WITHOUT Catalyst Control Center.
I first installed the drivers and after this i installed Ati Tray Tools.
I needet to activate crossfire maually in the tray tools but now everything works fine

Hope thatīs some help for anyone of you!
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-01-2010, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindChicken View Post

First I used the Programm "Driver sweeper" to uninstall all ati drivers. I needed to uninstall Catalyst Control Center seperately but be sure you remove it!
I needet to activate crossfire maually in the tray tools but now everything works fine

I tried to test ATi Tray Tools as well as Rivatuner but had too much trouble installing on Vista 64. I could not get either to run.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-01-2010, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindChicken View Post

with dual monitors i use catalyst control center to run Multiple display games, so this is not an option for me and i hope STO Devs will be able to solve this problem.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-01-2010, 08:38 PM
I'm getting this problem as well. I have a Radeon HD5970 and i7 920. Running Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. It is very strange that this is happening now, because I was playing the open beta just fine less than 2 weeks ago. Hope this is resolved soon.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-02-2010, 01:02 AM
Just thought I would chime in real quick, but ATI is having major issues with their cards on recent drivers, most notable the 5xxx series. I cannot play more than half an hour on my new 5750 without the entire screen locking up and displaying the infamous grey (blue, purple, green rct) vertical lines. I think many of these problems are driver issues that ATI has to sort out.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-02-2010, 02:01 AM
i get no problems at all in any games other then this one. So I would say it isnt coompletely ati driver problems.
Lt. Commander
# 28 Same here
02-02-2010, 10:54 AM
I get the same artifacts as stated above... started with the previous patch. Had no problems during the Head-Start...now thereīs no way to play at all...maybe it is not a problem wit the game, but since all other games still work fine (including Crysis, which I think puts more stress to the GPU than STO) ....

BTW I have only an ATI3870, so it doesnīt seem to be a problem with new cards...returning to the previous drivers which workend didnīt change a thing...hopefully there will be a solution soon...until the i think Iīll keep my activation code right where it is...
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Same issue here and it's not my system everything else runs fine...Cryptic please do something !!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-04-2010, 06:21 PM
Has anyone heard back on a ticket yet? I have one but it's only 4 or 5 days old and I imagine they have a few to go through... At this point, I would be happy running around with a woman's body on my character, as long as I can see.