Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
02-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Exact same issue here with an X1800 - yeah i know its old but it plays mass effect 2 so not an issue w/ the card - anyways I was playing beta and it was fine. Logged in around release time and lines and weird flashing and strange objects all over the place. Still doing it after the patches today.

O and I submitted a ticked. I got a reply and they closed the ticket, saying I should reinstall my sound driver to fix sound problems... The category was Graphical Issues....
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-04-2010, 07:56 PM
really? Ive reinstalled every driver on my computer quadruple checked hardware that i knew was fine before someone told me to check my hardware. It's STO.
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-05-2010, 01:13 AM
There is never going to be solution for this will there? -_-'
After all the money I spent on the game, this is a bit... annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-06-2010, 04:24 AM
played the Alien vs. Predator Demo today threw steam and i have the same problem that i have with STO.

Reading a lot of ATI forums other people have problems like this one with some other games as well.

scales seem to leaning towards a driver conflict.
Lt. Commander
Hello again,

Going back to the 9.11 file version 8.671.0.0 from november 2009 fixed my problem. No more artifacts here !!
Try it hopefully it will work for you 2

Greetz
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-07-2010, 04:38 AM
Jinn77 what series of card do you use? the 5000 series that fix doesnt work.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-09-2010, 02:53 AM
Some more testing...

Display Driver Version: 8.690.0.0 is ok WITHOUT ccc installed.
(This is the current driver that comes with ccc 10.1)

I could not find a working version of ccc 9.11 from an official site to install and test... There is a legacy version of 9.11 for Vista 64bit here http://support-prod.amd.com/us/gpudo...w_vista64.aspx but it would not install for me.

Even more testing...

After individually installing ccc 10.1 the graphics were glitched again. I went into task manager and shut off anything I could find that had to do with ccc. This DID NOT fix the problem. It seems that it's not just having ccc running that causes the graphics to tear, but something that ccc does when it's installed. I will not accept running without ccc as an option or a fix. I have spent enough on two cards to run in crossfire and I expect to use them that way.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Yeah, I'm having video issues with a brand new iMac Core running Win7 via bootcamp. This box has a built-in ATI HD4850, which isn't an ingenious solution, but should do what we are trying to do. What I get looks like pascal code gone horribly wrong-a bunch of strobing, tearing and spinning, artifacts clumping together forming a spikey cluster. I pretty much get this unplayable video failure no matter what settings i use both within the games settings and in system. I'm kinda irritated about this. This has nothing to do wtih voltage or temperature, it's clearly buggy code that needs to worked out. Whether it's an AMD, Apple, Microsoft or Cryptic issue is beyond me. Perhaps subscriptions should be comp'd until this is resolved.

I assume all iMac 27" with Core i5 and i7/Windows7 people are experiencing this too. If not, please post and let me know.

Thanks in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-12-2010, 08:54 PM
I have upgrade to 2 x 5870's. I uninstalled 4800 series ccc, replaced the old cards, and installed the 5800 series ccc. After this the problem was gone. Running in Crossfire, the only difference was the cards and the ccc version (or version location). The driver and ccc install files have the same name and are the same size for the 4800 series to the 5800 series. Are they REALLY the same?

It would be interesting to see if the 5800 series ccc works and fixes this issue on the 4870's. I won't be testing that though, I have had enough and now have new cards... but it may be worth a try.

This worked on Vista 64bit. I am also upgrading to Windows 7 64bit and hopefully I won't be back here.
My 4870's were perfect, no other issues except for STO. I still think this issue needs to be fixed on the software side.