Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Lt. Commander
# 41
02-12-2010, 10:53 PM
Nice to see someone making some headway on this!

It's not too hard to believe that CCC is the culprit here.

Any chance it's one of those weird things that has something to do with the shoddy(ish) underhanded 'optimizations' that ATI has been throwing into CCC since a few cards back?

I know less about ATI's cards than Nvidia's I'm afraid. I've only been hearing this lackluster optimization stuff across some message boards since I came into having this Radeon card and I still don't have a firm grasp on what it means.

Still, kudos to you for narrowing it down some, Bladeparker.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-13-2010, 10:26 AM
so...I haven't had any problems with artifacting/tearing until today (i've had every other kind of problem with this game tho) I am running a single HD 5850 card with a PSU plenty big enough for it and an Athlon quad-core processor. I was playing today and right in the middle of the Treasure Trading Station mission the game goes nuts and starts artifacting/tearing like crazy.

I've adjusted all the video setting in game and nothing worked, I've looked at catalyst and found that my card was running at 99% capacity even though I wasn't currently running any programs besides Catalyst...wierd? I'm out of ideas, the game worked perfectly today except halfway thru the mission things went crazy.

Help? Ideas?
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-19-2010, 01:18 AM
For those who are having artifact problems, you might want to check Loxanna's post here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...6&postcount=34

It worked for me.