Lt. Commander
# 1 Shouldent be this easy 1 to 11
01-31-2010, 08:01 AM
Ok short and sweat, i was in a space battle. it was me vs 3 BoP -1, wife calls me to dinner so i figure screw it i will just leave it and respawn when i come back. so i eat dinner ( was yummy ) come back and guess what there i am with 2 bop flying around me attacking and i have full shield str.

Have to bump up the difficulty a little guys even if it is 1 to 11
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 08:13 AM
I have seen that the earlier levels are easier than they were in closed beta, but i don't recall having anything like that happen. There were a couple battles where I was able to take out the small opposing squadron easily, but nothing where a group of 3 BoP weren't touching me.

Are you sure the mission was of the appropriate level? Perhaps you could have been doing a L4 mission at Lt. 8 or something?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 08:27 AM
am lvl 9 and the missions was 7 i think and the BoP were -1
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 08:54 AM
so easy infact i just alt-tab'ed down in the middle of a ground fight to type this. i will still be alive when i get back just need to drink somthing first and then go out with the dog......
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 10:20 AM
Guess you've been lucky.. I did SS Azura with 4 battleships instead of frigates :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 10:33 AM
i think they eased it up a little bit and definatly sped it up due to people complaining about the length it took to get out of lt which is supposed to be the tutorial. also birds of prey have a tendancy to cloak 2 of them when there in 3s that might have helped you live but it dose sound wird that you lived that long and were still alive.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 10:46 AM
Leveling 1-11 seems to be about the same speed it was in OB but the opponents are easier now. They probably did this to give people more time to get used to space combat since that was a big whine feast, space combat was supposedly too hard before?? Once you hit lt cmdr it starts to scale more appropriately.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonFlak View Post
Leveling 1-11 seems to be about the same speed it was in OB but the opponents are easier now. They probably did this to give people more time to get used to space combat since that was a big whine feast, space combat was supposedly too hard before?? Once you hit lt cmdr it starts to scale more appropriately.
I don't think it was every that it was too hard.

There were several bugs that reared their ugly heads a little too often, namely
1. Photon alpha strikes - that blew you away in one shot.
2. Klingon boarding parties - that crippled your ship for 15 - 30 minutes.

The rest of it provided a reasonably well balanced experience.
Lt. Commander
# 9 What are you talking about...
01-31-2010, 10:55 AM
Well, that wasnt my experience; i got the missions at the first star base; warped to wherever it put me; have no idea how to even find any of my mission areas; no help there in the text or mission stuff; seems pretty crappy to me; no nav officer to say; hey; lets go that way; but still; i found some place with like a bazillion squadrons of Klingons; sheesh; they pasted me good; about 6 ships; 5 small and one cruiser just lit me up twice; then two others joined; and we took on squads of 6 ships; sometimes we won; sometimes we lost; was lot of fun; but I wouldnt call it easy; sounds to me like your just bragging cause you have played before and its all new to me.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 10:57 AM
Why haven't you looked at the map yet? I'm not sure how you can't find out where to go for missions.