Lt. Commander
# 1 Walk Toggle Bind
01-31-2010, 03:24 AM
This is not a request. I've figured out how to bind a key as a Walk toggle.

The command is "++walk". Bind it to a key by using "/bind key ++walk". I bound it to the left control button, so in my case it was "/bind lctrl ++walk". Pressing this button now actually toggles Walk on and off. I hope this helps.

But Walk is still too fast.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 03:32 AM
There's an option in the key binds for this already, just switch it to "Ground" and find "Auto Move Forward". Should be about the 10th option down, I just set mine to the Num Lock key like most other MMORPGs use. Also it's not really walking, it's more of a jog.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flibby
There's an option in the key binds for this already, just switch it to "Ground" and find "Auto Move Forward". Should be about the 10th option down, I just set mine to the Num Lock key like most other MMORPGs use. Also it's not really walking, it's more of a jog.
I'm not talking about auto move forward. I'm talking about Walking, not jogging. There's a bind for Walk in the key binds section too, but when using that you have to hold the button down and press a direction key at the same time to walk. With the command I've described above, you can simply press a button to toggle Walk mode on and off. There are a number of threads requesting a toggle Walk option, so when I figured this out I thought I should post it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 03:49 AM
Oh okay, sorry, I thought you meant something else.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 04:01 AM
Awesome! Thank you so much for posting this!
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 10:05 AM
I think they got the walking speed just right, if theres a problem with the animation, they should adjust that, not make us move slower.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 11:47 AM
It is great to walk slowly with my rifle through a corridor into battle with my crew behind.

It makes me hear Reservoire Dog's songs.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 01:24 AM
Cheers, Merg.

I like the walk speed, since the animation is fairly normal and the speed isn't much less than jogging (which looks very out of place in social areas). I do wish the walk/run toggle would remain set within an area, say when taking a turbolift in Starbase One. But for now, it will do.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-31-2010, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merg View Post
This is not a request. I've figured out how to bind a key as a Walk toggle.

The command is "++walk". Bind it to a key by using "/bind key ++walk". I bound it to the left control button, so in my case it was "/bind lctrl ++walk". Pressing this button now actually toggles Walk on and off. I hope this helps.

But Walk is still too fast.
In the demo I'm walking like a power walk all the time Can that change?
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-31-2010, 11:00 AM
Don't think so. IIRC even the NPCs walk faster than you.