Lt. Commander
Has there been a dramatic reduction in their drop rate or something?
For a few months now I have been trying to get the Elite Engine Tech to complete the Mk XII space set but I never get it. I have had varying amounts of Borg Salvage on Elite with very very little falling recently.

Is there a trick I am missing or something?

I got an entire Mk XI set from Elite and 2 of the 3 MK XII gear from Elite but I just cannot get the final part of the space set?!
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-24-2012, 05:39 AM
I don't think anythings changed, all this stuff is just probability. . . . you're just being unlucky.

Take myself for example. . . I have done A LOT of elite STF's dunno the exact figure but I'd imagine its around 250. I focus on the space ones as those are the sets I want.

Tech wise I have received.
1x Proto Engine
1x Proto Shield
2 x Rare Shield
3 x Rare Engine

I have NEVER received a single bit of deflector tech of any quality. Despite focusing primarily on KASE in the last month or so. . . for that very reason.

I think I'm pretty unlucky . . . . not that the deflector has a different drop rate.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-24-2012, 06:24 AM
I've seen a kind of diminished drop rate on rare or elite tech in the last 2 weeks. I've noticed something similar with the rare and proto salvage. 3 weeks ago i had 1 rare/proto tech drops and at least 1 proto salvage at 35 games, and now 1 rare tech drop and no rare or proto salvage in 40 games.

These numbers are based on personal observation, so i could be wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-24-2012, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaanders
I've seen a kind of diminished drop rate on rare or elite tech in the last 2 weeks. I've noticed something similar with the rare and proto salvage. 3 weeks ago i had 1 rare/proto tech drops and at least 1 proto salvage at 35 games, and now 1 rare tech drop and no rare or proto salvage in 40 games.

These numbers are based on personal observation, so i could be wrong.
in the last 3 months (about 2-3 hundreds sft elite missions) I only dropped several prototype borg salvage, 4-5 rare borg tech and 3 prototype borg shield.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-24-2012, 08:48 AM
In the past 3 days I got Proto Shield + Proto Deflector. The previous 3 weeks nothing. It's just... random.

But yes, for a while there I was wondering if they tweaked back the drop rate again.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-24-2012, 10:04 AM
Taking in consideration the more than 400 STFs I played I strongly believe that the STF loot mechanics that were presented to us are false.

It happened to me in more than one toon. In the beginning, I got a lot of tech with few runs, but never enough to complete a ground set, there is always one piece missing and it never comes.

My fed never saw a weapon tech in his life and my klingon never got a PSG tech, so with more than 400 STF I never, ever, completed a single ground set.

The game change the probabilities based on what you already have. It is not a fair draw.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-24-2012, 10:33 AM
I feel your pain, I have 1 XII ground armor, and 1 XII shield lol

Ive run most of the STF's hundreds of times on elite too. We are not the chosen few.

I bet they lowered the drop rate recently because the new stuff is supposed to come out in season 6... and when that does the XII stuff will be purchasable.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-25-2012, 12:37 PM
I've received 2x Proto Deflector and Proto Shields, 1 x Rare Engines.

I've gotten 18 x Proto Salvage.

Just finished my 150th STF last night.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-27-2012, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaiks View Post
Taking in consideration the more than 400 STFs I played I strongly believe that the STF loot mechanics that were presented to us are false.

It happened to me in more than one toon. In the beginning, I got a lot of tech with few runs, but never enough to complete a ground set, there is always one piece missing and it never comes.

My fed never saw a weapon tech in his life and my klingon never got a PSG tech, so with more than 400 STF I never, ever, completed a single ground set.

The game change the probabilities based on what you already have. It is not a fair draw.
This is correct.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-11-2012, 07:38 PM
I believe that the drops are dependent on which STF you do.

Infected - Shield
Cure - Engine
KA - Deflector