Ensign
# 1 Torpdo Boat boost damage help
11-20-2013, 11:30 PM
Still making minor tweeks to my Torpedo boat design. Looking for help to see if there is something I've missed to can improve upon to up damage. I currently have no problems in from damage to control for any of the PVE/STF content. Thank ahead of time

Ship: Tal Shiar Adapated battle Cruiser
me: science officer

Front Weaponry:
Breen Cluster
Breen Cluster
gravametic torp (voth)
romulan hyper plasma torp

Aft Weaponry:
nukara web mine
quantum mine
kinetic cutting beam
Omni directional anti-proton beam

Shields: Advance fleet regenerative shield array X3 cap
Deflector: Adapted MACO Mk XII*
Engines: Adapted MACO Mk XII*
Warp Core: tal shiar adaptive borg warp core

Consoles:

Science:
proton particle stabilizer
tachyokinetic converter
rule 62 multipurpose combat console

Engineering:
Tetraburnium hull armor XII
Shrapnal torpedo launcher
indoctrination nanite dispersal system
Energy signature dampner XII

Tactical:
2x tactical warhead yield chamber XII
bioneural infusion circuits

*= Adapted MACO Mk XII 2/3
Tactical Readiness

*= Multi-Mission Console Pack 3/3
Chroniton Integrated Quantum Slip Stream
Quantum Focused Shield Bubble

Bridge Officer Stations:
Commander Science: PH1, TS2, GW1, GW3
Lt. Commander Science: HE1, TBR1, TB3
Lieutenant Tactical: T:TS1, T:TT1
Lieutenant Engineering: EPS1, APSF1
Ensign science: ST1

Duty officers: All Very Rare

Tactical:
3x Projectile Weapons Officer

Operations:
1x tractor beam (repulsors pull instead of push

Science:
1x gravimetric (additional rifts)

Power Settings: (Set/Actual)
Weapons: 28/15
Shields: 80/70
Engines: 18/15
Auxiliary: 110/100

Power Settings: (Set/combat)
Weapons: 49/15
Shields: 94/70
Engines: 44/15
Auxiliary: 130/100

I used the Tal shiar full set because it allows my Tachyon beam and gravity well to do a additional 346, 560 for GW3 a sec on top of their normal damage. So roughly 1500 to 2k a tick for 20 seconds

The voth torp only has a 8 second cool down and can create rifts for extra shield bypassing damage and by itself hits really hard
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
11-20-2013, 11:53 PM
tactical warhead yield chambers do not seem to be boosting Cluster torps and cluster torps are your highest DPS weapons on that build. So Half your main weapons are not getting a damage boost.
Ensign
# 3
11-21-2013, 12:22 AM
didn't realize thanks
Captain
# 4
11-21-2013, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottsey5g View Post
tactical warhead yield chambers do not seem to be boosting Cluster torps and cluster torps are your highest DPS weapons on that build. So Half your main weapons are not getting a damage boost.
Yep, Warheads boost Torp. Variables boost Mine. The Clusters are a Torp that releases...Mines...Warheads won't boost them. Also won't boost the Nukara nor Quantum Mines. They're only boost the Grav and kinetic of the Hyper-Plasma Torps.

Also, the AMACO (KHG) only boosts Torp as well. So again, just the Grav and kinetic of the Hyper-Plasma...not the Clusters nor Nukara/Quantum.

Oh wait, missed the Shrapnel Torp - don't have it, but would guess that the Warheads boost that as well.

Guessing that the 3x PWO DOFFs are Torp variant and not Mine. The Grav Photon and the Hyper-Plasma should do a decent job of reducing the CD on the Breens, but don't forget their triggered CD on each other. That's a 15s triggered CD that can't be reduced.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 5
11-21-2013, 01:53 AM
Pvp or pve? Breen are nice for burst in pvp but pve needs to be a tad more sustained.

I'll toss a build up for ya based on your answer
Chive on and prosper

Anarchy Nexus recruitment thread

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-21-2013, 07:27 AM
Seeing as your cluster torps are what I'm going to refer to as your main guns, you should really use transphasic compressors. Not only do they boost both torps *and* mines, but it's like a 10% difference there for equal tier/rarity consoles.

Personally, I'd toss the other torps (cept the shrapnel torp cause that's a console), toss in a rapidfire transphasic fore and another one aft to speed up the general rate of torp fire, then have an array fore/aft and use APB+FAW to sprinkle everyone with APB.

So basically...

Fore:
Cluster torp
Cluster torp
rapidfire transphasic
Voth torp maybe? originally was thinking array fore/aft, but with the omnidirectional array you have 360* arc.

Aft:
Nukara mines
Transphasic mine (they only do 2/3 of the damage as a quantum, but 1/2 of *that* damage bypasses shields and is applied *directly* to the target's hull. plus with the whole "20% you gain from switching to transphasic consoles instead of generic consoles, overall not much loss of DPS.)
Omnidirectional
rapidfire transphasic
Ensign
# 7
11-21-2013, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahminus View Post
Pvp or pve? Breen are nice for burst in pvp but pve needs to be a tad more sustained.

I'll toss a build up for ya based on your answer
both but still fleshing out of the damage. Been tinkering with this build for about a month now. I actually have no problems in any stf with this build.
Ensign
# 8
11-21-2013, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Yep, Warheads boost Torp. Variables boost Mine. The Clusters are a Torp that releases...Mines...Warheads won't boost them. Also won't boost the Nukara nor Quantum Mines. They're only boost the Grav and kinetic of the Hyper-Plasma Torps.

Also, the AMACO (KHG) only boosts Torp as well. So again, just the Grav and kinetic of the Hyper-Plasma...not the Clusters nor Nukara/Quantum.

Oh wait, missed the Shrapnel Torp - don't have it, but would guess that the Warheads boost that as well.

Guessing that the 3x PWO DOFFs are Torp variant and not Mine. The Grav Photon and the Hyper-Plasma should do a decent job of reducing the CD on the Breens, but don't forget their triggered CD on each other. That's a 15s triggered CD that can't be reduced.
I like the nuka mine for their minor hold. Was probably going to switch out the quantam with the tractor mine when I got it. not really looking at them for damage. I haven't notice that much of a cd with the grav and hyper-plasma. Seem the Grav fires right through the plasma. I will try the mine console and see how that works
Commander
# 9
11-21-2013, 07:35 AM
Huh. I would drop the second cluster, and fit on either another voth torp, or a rapid fire transphasic torpedo, because the time to reload for the breen cluster makes a small difference, and i'd rather have more sustained heavy damage than short bursts of hull-munching shtuff. also get the three -5-second doffs, they make my two plasma torps spew an almost constant stream of torpedoes, give or take a torp
http://s286.photobucket.com/user/parasite_12000/media/jub_zps9318ae82.jpg.htmlTeacher of friends, student of friends, I teach, I learn and united, we are unstoppable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutes View Post
Those fish are much like their masters, filthy backstabbers... All battlecloaked fish, waiting for the right moment...
Ensign
# 10
11-21-2013, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadams View Post
Seeing as your cluster torps are what I'm going to refer to as your main guns, you should really use transphasic compressors. Not only do they boost both torps *and* mines, but it's like a 10% difference there for equal tier/rarity consoles.

Personally, I'd toss the other torps (cept the shrapnel torp cause that's a console), toss in a rapidfire transphasic fore and another one aft to speed up the general rate of torp fire, then have an array fore/aft and use APB+FAW to sprinkle everyone with APB.

So basically...

Fore:
Cluster torp
Cluster torp
rapidfire transphasic
Voth torp maybe? originally was thinking array fore/aft, but with the omnidirectional array you have 360* arc.

Aft:
Nukara mines
Transphasic mine (they only do 2/3 of the damage as a quantum, but 1/2 of *that* damage bypasses shields and is applied *directly* to the target's hull. plus with the whole "20% you gain from switching to transphasic consoles instead of generic consoles, overall not much loss of DPS.)
Omnidirectional
rapidfire transphasic
I use the voth torp in front already. Love it because of the high damage and rift for extra straight to hull damage. The Hyper reduces the cd on Cluster quicker than rapidfire. I use to run APB but didn't need it in pve because of the amount of straight to hull damage I can do. I will try it for pvp. I could gravity well and/or use the reverse repulsor *doff)and pull ships into my mines. I thought about switch out the quantum mine with the wide angle torpedo launcher or tractor mines