Captain
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 548
# 11
11-21-2013, 08:43 AM
Ok well besides that i'd say get fleet rcs cuz that thing isnt exactly a escort...lol
http://s286.photobucket.com/user/parasite_12000/media/jub_zps9318ae82.jpg.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutes View Post
Those fish are much like their masters, filthy backstabbers... All battlecloaked fish, waiting for the right moment...
Quote:
Originally Posted by breadandcircuses View Post
The boss being a gigantic Winter Epohh Researcher. As you lay waste to the Epohh Horde, she can occasionally cry out things like, "Didn't you want an Epohh friend?"
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3
# 12
11-22-2013, 01:24 PM
Interesting. I run a fairly similar theme with my adapted cruiser. ( Although I have much lower end gear.. still relatively new ) I love it! One possible suggestion I can think up involves maximizing your multi-spectrum console. A fair amount of science abilities appear to trigger that, so I've tried to diversify my abilities as much as possible. Stacking a Gravity Well, TachBeam, Tractor Beam, and Charged Particle Burst gives me ~4x550 radiation ( straight to hull ) dps. I'm still tinkering.. trying to work in a 5th, but am running out of slots. The CPB in particular I find very handy when I encounter swarms of fighters. 1 burst can just about wipe them all after a few seconds.

My torpedo setup is a bit behind yours. I still run a simple 3xPlasma Torpedo setup.. but it works. Forward, I use one dual beam bank with Beam Overload to help drop the enemy's facing shield ( combined with TachBeam, CPB, and Tractor Beam officer ). The torpedos + multi-spectrum dots then melt the enemy fairly quickly. ( Quickly enough that I ended up droping HYT, since 90% of the time, the enemy would die before the heavy torp reached it )

I'm still too newbie to have gotten into STFs, so I'd be curious to know if my ideas are completely stupid before I get there.
Ensign
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 20
# 13
11-22-2013, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidfinn View Post
Interesting. I run a fairly similar theme with my adapted cruiser. ( Although I have much lower end gear.. still relatively new ) I love it! One possible suggestion I can think up involves maximizing your multi-spectrum console. A fair amount of science abilities appear to trigger that, so I've tried to diversify my abilities as much as possible. Stacking a Gravity Well, TachBeam, Tractor Beam, and Charged Particle Burst gives me ~4x550 radiation ( straight to hull ) dps. I'm still tinkering.. trying to work in a 5th, but am running out of slots. The CPB in particular I find very handy when I encounter swarms of fighters. 1 burst can just about wipe them all after a few seconds.

My torpedo setup is a bit behind yours. I still run a simple 3xPlasma Torpedo setup.. but it works. Forward, I use one dual beam bank with Beam Overload to help drop the enemy's facing shield ( combined with TachBeam, CPB, and Tractor Beam officer ). The torpedos + multi-spectrum dots then melt the enemy fairly quickly. ( Quickly enough that I ended up droping HYT, since 90% of the time, the enemy would die before the heavy torp reached it )

I'm still too newbie to have gotten into STFs, so I'd be curious to know if my ideas are completely stupid before I get there.
I agree, your science build is similar to mine.. I will take your idea and add Charged particles burst and dropping TB repulsor and see how that works. I was using the TBR with reverse pull doff to pull enemies to me when I used to carry heavy mines in my back weapon slot but the amount of hull damage I can do makes me almost never use it anymore. Pulls I switch up the mines for more control. The mulit-spectrum dots its what make this build works. It shreds enemy's so much that I am not just relying on torp damage as most people think.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 866
# 14
11-22-2013, 06:39 PM
Admirable to say the least, Ive been on since day 1 and have seen torpedo boat attempts come and go.. Usually with little success if any. I am quite surprised at your success in STFs are they Elite? I have found a beam boat with the borg torp on front (3x torp DOffs- purple) have extreme efficiency of torp damage...

my join date was 02/03/2010 Kintisho 5,667,083(19,081)-ISA-
also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRATXezr_Tg
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3
# 15
11-22-2013, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdaworld View Post
I agree, your science build is similar to mine.. I will take your idea and add Charged particles burst and dropping TB repulsor and see how that works. I was using the TBR with reverse pull doff to pull enemies to me when I used to carry heavy mines in my back weapon slot but the amount of hull damage I can do makes me almost never use it anymore. Pulls I switch up the mines for more control. The mulit-spectrum dots its what make this build works. It shreds enemy's so much that I am not just relying on torp damage as most people think.
IIRC, the TBR also triggers the multi-spectrum DoT. Is that correct? I've been thinking about toying around with that as well, since that new doff came out. I could definitely see the value.

Currently, my boff setup is:

Lt Tac: FAW1, Overload2
Lt Eng: EPtS1, EPtA2
Cmdr Sci: TracBm1, TSS2, GW1, CPB3
Lt. Cmdr Sc: TracBm1, HE2, GW1
Ens Sci: TachBm1

Doffs include 3 projectile, 1 tractor beam, and that gravity well officer

I'm not sure how I could best stack 5 multi-spectrum DoTs. Not only am I shy on slots, but I'll run into shared cooldown problems, too. ( Tractor Beam vs Tractor Repulsors ). I'm thinking Photonic Shockwave may be the answer. But I seem to recall that shares a cooldown with GW, maybe?

If I can solve the shared cooldown problem, I could probably switch from Torpedoes to Energy weapons, take out the procectile doffs, and maybe insert an AtB in place of EPtA2. That would allow me to possibly remove the duplicate GWs and Tractor Beams.. freeing up a slot. I also need to ditch the FAW1. It's currently useless.

Also, for purely theme reasons, I am pondering using a Hargh'peng torpedo. that also does a radiation DoT. Seems somehow appropriate.
Ensign
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 20
# 16
11-23-2013, 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kintisho View Post
Admirable to say the least, Ive been on since day 1 and have seen torpedo boat attempts come and go.. Usually with little success if any. I am quite surprised at your success in STFs are they Elite? I have found a beam boat with the borg torp on front (3x torp DOffs- purple) have extreme efficiency of torp damage...
Yes I have always been playing since beta This design I have has been the best functional torp build that has work. I only do elite stf. Like I said before I have no problem in any of them. Even Say the cure. I could hold probes and destroy cube and destroy a transformer myself. Cure I and wipe a entire cube myself. Even with the raptor x3 and hegh Varx3 with no worries. Its because of the added bonus damage from multi-spec bonus creating the addition straight to hull damage. My science stat is at 130 lets my ability hold/damage with ease. Its a combination science/torp boat not Just a torp boat which I failed to mention before hand. it doesn't work with out the multi-spec bonus
Ensign
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 20
# 17
11-23-2013, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidfinn View Post
IIRC, the TBR also triggers the multi-spectrum DoT. Is that correct? I've been thinking about toying around with that as well, since that new doff came out. I could definitely see the value.

Currently, my boff setup is:

Lt Tac: FAW1, Overload2
Lt Eng: EPtS1, EPtA2
Cmdr Sci: TracBm1, TSS2, GW1, CPB3
Lt. Cmdr Sc: TracBm1, HE2, GW1
Ens Sci: TachBm1

Doffs include 3 projectile, 1 tractor beam, and that gravity well officer

I'm not sure how I could best stack 5 multi-spectrum DoTs. Not only am I shy on slots, but I'll run into shared cooldown problems, too. ( Tractor Beam vs Tractor Repulsors ). I'm thinking Photonic Shockwave may be the answer. But I seem to recall that shares a cooldown with GW, maybe?

If I can solve the shared cooldown problem, I could probably switch from Torpedoes to Energy weapons, take out the procectile doffs, and maybe insert an AtB in place of EPtA2. That would allow me to possibly remove the duplicate GWs and Tractor Beams.. freeing up a slot. I also need to ditch the FAW1. It's currently useless.

Also, for purely theme reasons, I am pondering using a Hargh'peng torpedo. that also does a radiation DoT. Seems somehow appropriate.
I don't use tractor beams. I run the nuka mines with hold. did the cutting cord episode to get the tractor beam mines. The voth torp does great damage and on critical greats a minor gravity rift which seems to slow but creates straight to hull damage as well. with my two gravity wells. I was only running repulsors with the reverse doff to pull enemies into my tricobolt mines when I was running them with dispersal pattern beta.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 192
# 18 Build
11-24-2013, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdaworld View Post
Still making minor tweeks to my Torpedo boat design. Looking for help to see if there is something I've missed to can improve upon to up damage. I currently have no problems in from damage to control for any of the PVE/STF content. Thank ahead of time

Ship: Tal Shiar Adapated battle Cruiser
me: science officer

Front Weaponry:
Breen Cluster
Breen Cluster
gravametic torp (voth)
romulan hyper plasma torp

Aft Weaponry:
nukara web mine
quantum mine
kinetic cutting beam
Omni directional anti-proton beam

Shields: Advance fleet regenerative shield array X3 cap
Deflector: Adapted MACO Mk XII*
Engines: Adapted MACO Mk XII*
Warp Core: tal shiar adaptive borg warp core

Consoles:

Science:
proton particle stabilizer
tachyokinetic converter
rule 62 multipurpose combat console

Engineering:
Tetraburnium hull armor XII
Shrapnal torpedo launcher
indoctrination nanite dispersal system
Energy signature dampner XII

Tactical:
2x tactical warhead yield chamber XII
bioneural infusion circuits


*= Adapted MACO Mk XII 2/3
Tactical Readiness

*= Multi-Mission Console Pack 3/3
Chroniton Integrated Quantum Slip Stream
Quantum Focused Shield Bubble

Bridge Officer Stations:
Commander Science: PH1, TS2, GW1, GW3
Lt. Commander Science: HE1, TBR1, TB3
Lieutenant Tactical: T:TS1, T:TT1
Lieutenant Engineering: EPS1, APSF1
Ensign science: ST1


Duty officers: All Very Rare

Tactical:
3x Projectile Weapons Officer

Operations:
1x tractor beam (repulsors pull instead of push

Science:
1x gravimetric (additional rifts)

Power Settings: (Set/Actual)
Weapons: 28/15
Shields: 80/70
Engines: 18/15
Auxiliary: 110/100

Power Settings: (Set/combat)
Weapons: 49/15
Shields: 94/70
Engines: 44/15
Auxiliary: 130/100

I used the Tal shiar full set because it allows my Tachyon beam and gravity well to do a additional 346, 560 for GW3 a sec on top of their normal damage. So roughly 1500 to 2k a tick for 20 seconds

The voth torp only has a 8 second cool down and can create rifts for extra shield bypassing damage and by itself hits really hard
I have to say this is as very nice build.

The Undying Grendel the Wise
USS ATTILA KHAN (NX-921911)
Ensign
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 20
# 19
11-25-2013, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monodoso View Post
I have to say this is as very nice build.
Thanks with the great advice I got for things I overlooked I tweek it some more and increase the damage output. and suriveability
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 238
# 20
11-25-2013, 11:27 AM
Have you considered the new shield refrquencer consoles to stack proton damage along side the radiation damage? Something I've been meaning to try.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:11 AM.