Lt. Commander
# 1 Atack Pattern Alpha
01-31-2010, 04:21 AM
Do you need to be a Tactical Officer get this skill? Last time it was a skill available to me, but now that I am a science officer I don't seem to have it. It wasn't a skill attributed to any of my BOs, kinda like Evasive manouvers ... it was just there, but now it isn't. Any ideas?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 04:49 AM
When you reach certain amounts of skill spent, you gain a captain ability. And yes, except for the first one: Evasive Maneuvers, they are specific to class. Attack Pattern Alpha is a Tactical Officer captain ability. I'm not sure what Science Captains get as their second ability.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 04:51 AM
Take a look at this database of Star Trek Online information

http://www.trekdb.com/abilities

I think it will answer all of your questions.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Take a look at this database of Star Trek Online information

http://www.trekdb.com/abilities

I think it will answer all of your questions.
Oooooh, that's a nice site! Thank you for that. O_O (Liking your avatar too, love Ezri Dax ^_^)

Here's a more specific page for the OP on that site:
http://www.trekdb.com/abilities/captain

Looks like you get Sensor Scan instead of Attack Pattern Alpha at level 8.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowrush View Post
When you reach certain amounts of skill spent, you gain a captain ability. And yes, except for the first one: Evasive Maneuvers, they are specific to class. Attack Pattern Alpha is a Tactical Officer captain ability. I'm not sure what Science Captains get as their second ability.
It isn't just the first one. You gain abilities 3 times per rank.

The first is a global space ability that all captains get, things like Evasive Maneuvers, Ramming Speed, and Abandon Ship). These happen at X3.

The second is a background specific ground ability. An engineer, for example, gets shield recharge, then cover shield, then summon drones, and so on. A tactical or science officer gets different things. Believe these happen at X5.

The third is a backgroup specific space ability. That includes Attack Pattern Alpha for Tactical, Rotate Shield Frequency for Engineering, and Sensor Scan for science. These happen at X8.

So the OP being science should get Sensor Scan upon spending sufficient skill points to be level 8.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axterix
It isn't just the first one. You gain abilities 3 times per rank.

The first is a global space ability that all captains get, things like Evasive Maneuvers, Ramming Speed, and Abandon Ship). These happen at X3.
Yup, found out that there's more global captain abilities, not just Evasive Maneuvers, from the site that Peregrine_Falcon posted. I was able to get "Brace for Impact" back in beta, but had no idea it was a global ability.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 05:42 AM
I don't think that database works right or I am not using it right. I sorted by Tactical, LT. Com, Space, Captain and the only ability listed was Fire on My Mark I.
Or is this just a list of the singular abilities/powers our toon gets by ranking?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellatormonk View Post
I don't think that database works right or I am not using it right. I sorted by Tactical, LT. Com, Space, Captain and the only ability listed was Fire on My Mark I.
Or is this just a list of the singular abilities/powers our toon gets by ranking?
Well... you asked for a Space Ability specific only to a Tactical Captain that you get as Lt. Cmdr... and there's only one: Fire on My Mark, with all those requirements.