Lt. Commander
I was just thinking that there should be some sort of a "Personnel Pool" for the trading of commissioned and trained bridge officers. I know you can trade unused officers on the Exchange but a "Personnel Pool" would be fantastic because it would add more worth to your commissioned bridge officers. Additionally, if you screwed up and found that you'd trained one wrong you could replace them with someone comparable (trading your officer, hiring someone elses).

A little roleplay could be added to them with a visual representation of the officer, their name, their rank, their skills, and their bio would accompany them in the pool for selection. You could read through the officers and decide which ones you wanted. Maybe a brief service record would accompany them as well (ex. Served under Lt. Fox on the USS Independence).

I don't know but I think this would be a fantastic addition and an otherwise fantastic game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 09:09 AM
Totally agree, I've been wanting this since Closed Beta. I play with a group of friends and we'd love to do crew exchanges and that sort of thing, especially while levelling up.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 09:15 AM
I like the idea as well. Its balanced already since you wouldnt be able to use their high level abilitys on low rank capt.'s.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 10:27 AM
I agree as well. The point you made about "Served under LT. X on the USS Y" is awesome too (with star dates)
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 10:31 AM
/signed on this
Lt. Commander
# 6 Balance issues
01-31-2010, 10:31 AM
Nice idea, but i don't see them implementing this. What would keep a Lt 1 from having fully trained maxed out skill level 9 people on his ship. it would unbalance everything and lead to major camping and exploitations.

Nice idea though.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 10:43 AM
This is needed, even if they need to be with us for a certain time before they can be traded or AHed. "Unbound" in a sense. I mean if you're Sci or Eng, wouldn't you love to pass a Tac BO to a friend who can teach Torpedo: High Yeild 3? Or any other type 3 skills?

It makes sense that officers would like to get better, which sometimes means having to serve under a different captain for a while. Just common sense really, and might make BOs look less like slaves (Come on you can trade, sell, AH, and even discharge them into nothingness like they don't matter) and more like actual people like the players.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 10:49 AM
I also like this idea and thought it would be something they would add. Right now any commissioned officers can only be dismissed which is a complete waste. You should be able to trade commissioned officers with other players, it seems foolish for cryptic to exclude this.

I understand about the skills being maxed out.... but that's part of the value. Maybe if i have a tactical officer with 9 in high yeild torpedo.... I wouldnt want to trade her for someone not ranked up in skills... I would only trade her for someone of similiar value. So the person placing the character on the block for trade could say only trade me someone who has torpedo spread rtank 5 or higher.... if pokemon can put restriction requests on trading so can cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James009 View Post
I Maybe a brief service record would accompany them as well (ex. Served under Lt. Fox on the USS Independence)..
I think that's already in there. Check the tabs, I think one of them has the history in it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikenstein
I think that's already in there. Check the tabs, I think one of them has the history in it.
Unfortunately, it doesn't show too much other then "Hired", training, and maybe a "Renamed".

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiovaeden View Post
I also like this idea and thought it would be something they would add. Right now any commissioned officers can only be dismissed which is a complete waste. You should be able to trade commissioned officers with other players, it seems foolish for cryptic to exclude this...
I like to move around my staff and have some variety but I do hate to see staff members decommissioned.

Implement this please