Lt. Commander
# 1 They really did pull it off
01-30-2010, 11:00 PM
So, there I was doing a Defend mission to get the last few Skill Points I need to get promoted and as I was fighting a mob of 10 or so Fighters, I saw it. We were making a strafing run beside the fighters and as I watched all those Phasers tracking the targets and eliminating them rapidly, it felt like something straight out of DS9. A lot of people were worried that they would never be able to make a game feel like Star Trek. But they really did pull it off, at least in the combat.Tthe non-combat missions may need some work, but there are some very nice non combat missions, in particular, the one where you have to capture the Commander that is framing a guy for a crime he didn't commit. That was an excellent mission and if Cryptic can keep releasing more like it, this game truly will be amazing.

You have my thanks Cryptic for taking on a risky project and succeeding where others had failed. Now get those servers back up!!!! XD
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
So, there I was doing a Defend mission to get the last few Skill Points I need to get promoted and as I was fighting a mob of 10 or so Fighters, I saw it. We were making a strafing run beside the fighters and as I watched all those Phasers tracking the targets and eliminating them rapidly, it felt like something straight out of DS9. A lot of people were worried that they would never be able to make a game feel like Star Trek. But they really did pull it off, at least in the combat.Tthe non-combat missions may need some work, but there are some very nice non combat missions, in particular, the one where you have to capture the Commander that is framing a guy for a crime he didn't commit. That was an excellent mission and if Cryptic can keep releasing more like it, this game truly will be amazing.

You have my thanks Cryptic for taking on a risky project and succeeding where others had failed. Now get those servers back up!!!! XD

Seriously? Posting something positive about the game here? How dare you!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovek View Post
Seriously? Posting something positive about the game here? How dare you!
I know right
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 11:07 PM
Dang these threads are just flying off the top page tonight. Less than 2 minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 11:09 PM
Never underestimate a mob of angry gamers on your threads...
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 03:53 AM
I think I'll bump this since the forums were too full of impatient whiners when I posted it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 03:57 AM
Nothing Like a Fleet Action, with 20 or so people, all firing Phasers and Photons at 4 Groups of Klingon ships, it's a sight to see
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKoolAidMan View Post
Nothing Like a Fleet Action, with 20 or so people, all firing Phasers and Photons at 4 Groups of Klingon ships, it's a sight to see
Yeah it definitely is.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post

Agreed, it feels like Trek, and has made me start watching all the episodes all over again. I would like to see a more diverse starting area set on the planets of the race you choose, and having to work on a ship in all areas before taking the captains chair during the borg battle, but hey.. sure that will come
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 04:00 AM
a nice change to see a post not complainin about something,

/agree